We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skyone Gatwick - Would trading standards be interested?

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Skyone Gatwick - Would trading standards be interested?

If the internet reviews are anything to go by, I am not the only person who has regretted ever hearing of SKYONE meet and Greet. Everyone seems to have the same problems with them.

Being late is one thing, but I have good reason to believe my car was used whilst in their care and it definitely was not kept on tarmac! Surely that's illegal?

Does anyone know who I can complain about the company to and ask for an investigation into their practices?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
32,567 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skyone Gatwick - Would trading standards be interested?

Why did you not check this organisation, before you put your property in their hands!

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skyone Gatwick - Would trading standards be interested?

I looked at the reviews on the price comparison site and they were all positive, but I looked at those reviews more closely and I realized that they are all the same - one liners that were probably written by the company.

When I saw the positive reviews at the beginning, I didn't think anything more about it because how hard can it be to collect a car at an agreed time, park it in your "secure car park" and then deliver it back at the agreed time?

However, after I'd picked up the car on my return, I realised I'd made a serious mistake and googled other sites, not just the booking one.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skyone Gatwick - Would trading standards be interested?

because how hard can it be to collect a car at an agreed time, park it in your "secure car park" and then deliver it back at the agreed time?

==============

To do it for a rock bottom price for people who choose mainly on lowest price but expect all the facilities of a top price operator who does it the proper way? Very hard.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Skyone Gatwick - Would trading standards be interested?

I think offering a service works like this... you work out what you are offering, set a price, advertise it and if someone accepts then you make a contract with them whereby they give you money and you deliver the service to them.

If Skyone had advertised that they would cake my car in mud, inside and out, drive it 100s of miles, scrape it and collect/ return it as and when they damn well wanted, and I'd agreed to this, then I wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

However that is not what they advertise. I wasn't expecting it to be valeted, or even driven by professional drivers or whatever else you may imagine. but I did expect that they would do what they had contracted to do.

I am genuinely curious as to why anyone would think that I do not have a right to expect that?

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skyone Gatwick - Would trading standards be interested?

ok got this bit wrong... whereby you give them money and they deliver the service to you.

(I was thinking of my own business and its customers)

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Skyone Gatwick - Would trading standards be interested?

If Skyone had advertised that they would cake my car in mud, inside and out, drive it 100s of miles, scrape it and collect/ return it as and when they damn well wanted, and I'd agreed to this, then I wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

=============

And all this is mentioned where in your original post?

All I'm saying is, I dont know what they charge, but for sake of argument of 10 companies advertise a service at £20 a day and one at a fiver, dont be surprised if the one at a fiver is cutting corners. And I say this because tehse forums are full of people who book on the basis of chjeapest price and then act all surprised when there are problems.

However, if your car was literally driven hundreds of miles (or indeed more than say 10 or 20) plus damage I'd have thought you had a case for recompense via the small claims procedure. I'd expect any decent car company to have insurance that provided for damage whilst in their care. Unless you signed a disclaimer regards damage as part of the Ts&Cs when you rented, because to insure against that costs money? Perhaps you can claim back your cost by disputing the charge with your credit card company, if the service was not fit for purpose, which by the sound of it it wasnt

Brighton, England
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Skyone Gatwick - Would trading standards be interested?

We use a very good and cheap service gatwickparkinggatwick advertised on eBay, where they had 100% feedback. On arrival they make a note of your mileage at the airport, which you sign for and also any dinks/damage that may already be there. It is kept in secure premises which was once their hauliers yard. When they deliver back, you check the mileage and condition of the vehicle before you sign again. The only time we were slightly delayed was due to previous customers being late and we received a credit against our next booking. If you do your research properly you can get cheap and good. And no, I have no affiliation with the Company.

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Skyone Gatwick - Would trading standards be interested?

When you drive round Crawley and the industrial estates you see the long stay car parks and how tightly and badly the cars are crammed in and literally no security. I wouldn't leave my car in most of these places....

Mentioned in this post
Crawley
Crawley
West Sussex, UK
Bristol, England
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Skyone Gatwick - Would trading standards be interested?

I don't understand what's illegal about not keeping a car on tarmac?

Level Contributor
1 post
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Skyone Gatwick - Would trading standards be interested?

We also usedSkyone parking aka appleparking.co.uk, they were very late, driver stated we could claim a full refund although this has not happened. I complain they do nothing.

Bottom line is they said my car was stored incorrectly and could not locate the name of the driver who told me this...so if they do not know the name of the driver what happens with the insurance? are they even insured?

The car was over an hour late, my advice is to park and ride, at least one one drives your car, NEVER AGAIN!