We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel close to South terminal

Which Crawley hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,116 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel close to South terminal

Arriving in the South terminal in the evening, looking for a hotel close to the terminal.

Think I would prefer the Sofitel to the Hilton, not sure about the Premier Inn. Seems very cheap and I am not sure about the location and transfers from the terminal etc. Why is the last review of the Premier Inn March 2011 and the one before August 2010? Has the hotel been closed?

Thanks for your suggestions.

portsmouth
Destination Expert
for Mayrhofen
Level Contributor
535 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel close to South terminal

Hi the travel inn is near the north terminal but no trouble as the

shuttle from south to north runs 24/7 and then you can get

transfer bus or walk i do this walk a lot at all times and it

is easy the travelinn central is still open as i am booked

to stay onthe 13 july

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,479 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel close to South terminal

I have stayed in both the Hilton (South terminal ) and the Sofitel -both are fine -given the choice I would pick the Sofitel as it has better restaurants !

St Albans
Level Contributor
88 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel close to South terminal

We have stayed in both the Hilton and the Sofitel. Out of the 2 we much prefer the Sofitel as it is walkable to the terminal and also the monorail. The restaurant and bar are excellent in the Sofitel as is the room service. If you do choose the Sofitel- try to get a room overlooking the runway. Also the lounge is better in the Sofitel we have found than at the Hilton (although our last Hilton stay was in 2005). In the Sofitel there are free drinks and canapes, whereas in the Hilton there was a happy hour and then we had to pay.

4. Re: Hotel close to South terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, October 04, 2012