We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crawley: Short Stay UK (One Portfolio Mgmt) Apartments RH11

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Crawley: Short Stay UK (One Portfolio Mgmt) Apartments RH11

Do not use. Their website pictures look fantastic but note that you will not be getting an apartment that looks anything remotely like the website. I booked a 2 bedroom apartment (Robinson House, High Street), arrived for my pre-arranged early checkin (which I paid for) and it was still being cleaned. It was dingy and smelled of cigarette smoke throughout. The carpet was old and grimy likewise the furniture. I asked to be moved to a new apartment. It looked better but had the same issue: cigarette smoke throughout and a filthy floor. I discovered the front door lock moved around and wouldn't lock properly without jiggling. The door lock on the balcony took a technique of raising the handle to get it to lock. The kitchen wasn't stocked well (no coffee maker, no frypan, no dishwasher, no dryer). The extractor fan above the cooktop had years of disgusting cooking grease embedded. The bed mattress had no firmness and the slats squeaked so badly a good night's sleep was impossible. The duvet covers needed cleaning. Bath linens were threadbare. The building is part council housing and part 'luxury' apartments. Forget about getting anything delivered to the apartment during your stay. I had a package stolen by a council apartment tenant who signed for the package then wouldn't answer their doorbell when I had traced them. I got no assistance from the apartment people to help me get my package. The building is also opposite an area with a few popular pubs, so there were very roudy, scary drunks on the streets on various nights of the week. I felt unsafe walking around in the evening. Horrible place, horrible town.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crawley: Short Stay UK (One Portfolio Mgmt) Apartments RH11

I have stayed at these apartments on several occasions and have always been made most welcome and love the apartments.I travel on business frequently and hate hotels. These apartments are always clean and welcoming. Yes like most towns and cities you get the odd drunk or two. I have always felt safe,with secure gated parking and the staff are great at sorting any problems if they should occur. My hot water packed up and the guy was there and had sorted it within 15 minutes. Housekeeping always left extra towels if I asked. I love the apartments

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,600 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Crawley: Short Stay UK (One Portfolio Mgmt) Apartments RH11

Pull the other one, it's got bells on it. Old thread suddenly resurrected by someone making their first post.

Puhlease don't insult us.

3. Re: Crawley: Short Stay UK (One Portfolio Mgmt) Apartments RH11

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:39 am, April 22, 2011