We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking for the Mega Bus @ Stratton Park Coach Station

Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Parking for the Mega Bus @ Stratton Park Coach Station

Does anyone know where the best place to park a car for overnight at the Stratton Park Coach Station please?

I am going to London on the mega bus but will need to park my car somewhere overnight as going up on Saturday and returning on Sunday. I am not sure if I am allowed to leave my car in the Sainsburys car park overnight - any help would be useful - thanks.

Sandie

Wiltshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
11,026 posts
437 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking for the Mega Bus @ Stratton Park Coach Station

It is most likely to be the case that you are not "allowed" to leave it in the Sainsbury's car park. That is a slightly different question to 'will I be caught if I do it'. It's a chance to take as they may have outsourced to a clamping company who will show no mercy.

You could park on a street the other side of the A419 and use the walkway over.

Or a 66 bus connects to the town centre where there will be legitimate parking. You'll need to decide!

swindon,england
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking for the Mega Bus @ Stratton Park Coach Station

I suppose you have several options and none of them are probably ideal,Sainsbury's is out as you will get a ticket or clamped and i would assume that Toys R us which is next door would have a similar policy,Swindon Truck Stop which is behind Sainsbury's does offer parking but at quite a steep rate.

I would go with the suggestion above of parking in one of the side roads on the other side of the 419 if you don't want to pay for parking or risk a ticket or clamping.

3. Re: Parking for the Mega Bus @ Stratton Park Coach Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, November 16, 2017