We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at Megabus coach stop "Stratton Park"

2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Parking at Megabus coach stop "Stratton Park"

Hi there,

I have to catch a coach from 'Stratton Park' at the weekend - just outside Sainsbury's and will be gone all day on Sunday. Does anybody know if I can park all day in the car park at the supermarket or opposite in Hobbycraft/Dunelm Mill?

Thanks

Dan

10 replies to this topic
England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
5,369 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking at Megabus coach stop "Stratton Park"

I can't answer your question specifically but thought I ought to check that you are going to Silverstone, as all the Megabuses to London now pick up elsewhere in Swindon.

Stratton Park used to be the megabus stop for London and I suspect was originally chosen because of parking availability. However whether they have tightened up on the parking rules I don't know.

Phil-the-Bus

Mentioned in this post
Silverstone
Silverstone
Northamptonshire, UK
London
London
England, UK
Swindon
Swindon
Wiltshire, UK
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking at Megabus coach stop "Stratton Park"

That's right Phil, I'm going to Silverstone - thanks for your reply!

Mentioned in this post
Silverstone
Silverstone
Northamptonshire, UK
Swindon, United...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking at Megabus coach stop "Stratton Park"

Not sure what Phil-the-Bus means but my grandaughter is arriving from London on Megabus today and all their literature and website says Stratton Park. They seem to be the only people who call this area by that name, which is rather unhelpful. The Sainsbury's is known as Oxford Road, in case anyone else is looking for it

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Oxford
Oxford
Oxfordshire, UK
England
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,369 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking at Megabus coach stop "Stratton Park"

AUNTY - you are replying to a set of posts that are 3 year's old !

At that point Megabus had moved their Swindon pick up point away from Stratton Park, but the new stop was not popular so they moved in back a few months later !

Phil-the-Bus

Mentioned in this post
Swindon
Swindon
Wiltshire, UK
Malmesbury, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking at Megabus coach stop "Stratton Park"

Hello Phil -the- Bus, I have to pick someone up from Megabus dropoff Swindon, which I think (and you seem to say!) is by the Oxford Road Sainsburys, opposite Dunelm Mill.....is this still the case please as I am seeing conflicting information on the web.

Thank you in advance !

Mentioned in this post
Swindon
Swindon
Wiltshire, UK
Oxford
Oxford
Oxfordshire, UK
Malmesbury, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking at Megabus coach stop "Stratton Park"

Hello Phil -the- Bus, I have to pick someone up from Megabus dropoff Swindon, which I think (and you seem to say!) is by the Oxford Road Sainsburys, opposite Dunelm Mill.....is this still the case please as I am seeing conflicting information on the web.

Thank you in advance !

Mentioned in this post
Swindon
Swindon
Wiltshire, UK
Oxford
Oxford
Oxfordshire, UK
England
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,369 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking at Megabus coach stop "Stratton Park"

Hi Freddy - yes that is still the case.

The explanation from the Megabus website is...

Swindon Stratton Park- The bus stop is on the Sainsburys Superstore side of the A420 (Swindon to Oxford Road). It is very close to the A419 Swindon bypass. This is called Stratton Park and is about 2 miles out of the Swindon Town Centre.

For future reference, you might also wish to know that that there are Megabus services now from London to Chippenham, which might be easier for you to get to from Malmesbury.

Phil-the-Bus

Mentioned in this post
Swindon
Swindon
Wiltshire, UK
Oxford
Oxford
Oxfordshire, UK
London
London
England, UK
Chippenham
Chippenham
Wiltshire, UK
Malmesbury
Malmesbury
Cotswolds, UK
Malmesbury, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking at Megabus coach stop "Stratton Park"

Thank you so much! Have a good weekend!

9. Re: Parking at Megabus coach stop "Stratton Park"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 pm, April 03, 2018

10. Re: Parking at Megabus coach stop "Stratton Park"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 pm, April 03, 2018

Reply to: Parking at Megabus coach stop "Stratton Park"
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted