We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pubs?

Cooperstown NY
Level Contributor
165 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Pubs?

Are there any pubs in walking distance near the Marriott?

Thanks!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pubs?

Hi there

None that are any good. Personally, I'd grab a taxi and get the driver to drop you off at the Carters Rest in Wroughton, about 1.5 miles from the hotel. You could walk it in 30 mins or so I guess on a pleasant evening, just head for Wroughton, go right at the Three Tuns roundabout, and the Carters is on the right about 300 yards. Award winning, real ale pub, always 8-10 ales on, comfy, welcoming staff and great atmosphere/

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
326 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pubs?

Take a left out the Hotel and take a 5-10 min walk and your in Old town,you will find several Pubs on Devices rd,Wood st, Victoria rd area. Tend to get the Older crowd in this area,whilst the Youngsters drink down town.

If you ask about theres also several back street pubs if you fancy a more local feel.

Ps plenty of Curry Restaurants, 'Jewel of the crown' being my favourite which is down the bottom of Victoria rd towards the new town

3. Re: Pubs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, December 07, 2010