We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royston Hotel or The Lodge?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
114 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Royston Hotel or The Lodge?

Saw both of these websites and am considering staying at one or the other for 3 days. The Lodge is on Hunt Street and the Royston Hotel is on Victoria St.

Would you advise against either of these B&Bs for any reason? Need a place near old town/city centre.

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Royston Hotel or The Lodge?

Hi there,

They are both "cheap and cheerful" places and pratically next to eachother. They are what we would describe as guest houses, not big hotels at all so you'll probably get a very personal service from both.

I would recommend The Lodge, purely because its not on Vic ROad, which can get busy, and its right next door to where my grandma lived so its nostalgic!!

Kind regards

Swindon, Wiltshire
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royston Hotel or The Lodge?

It depends on what you are looking for in your stay. I think if your looking for a basic guest house type stay then either would be okay, unfortunately i haven't stayed at either so wouldn't like to make any negative comments. There are a few larger hotels in the centre of Swindon now and as Swindon isn't that large of a town you would be in easy reach of Old Town/Town Centre staying at maybe Marriott, Holiday Inn Express/Centre, or Travelodge/Centre. Hope you have a good visit!

3. Re: Royston Hotel or The Lodge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, September 27, 2009