We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus 49 stop question

Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bus 49 stop question

If I'm reading this right, the last 49 bus leaves Avebury at 8:36 pm (M-F). But the last stop in Swindom is Fleming Way, Stop Y. From Google maps it looks like it is just a 15 minute walk from that stop to the Train Station.

Bus gets to Fleming Y about 9pm so will still have about 15 min of light? Is this easy walk? Was I even reading schedule and map right?

4 replies to this topic
Wiltshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
10,784 posts
433 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus 49 stop question

Everything you say is correct except perhaps only a 10 minute walk!

Stop x is one of a row of inclined bus pull ins, keep walking away from where you came and you'll see signs for the railway station.

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
5,374 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus 49 stop question

This is the walking route from Fleming way to the train station - https://goo.gl/maps/SggDJ6AUYmo . It should take you 5-10 mins.

Bus stop Y is by the side of the Debenhams Store. When you get off the bus, turn right and follow the footpath that runs downhill alongside the wall of Debenhams. This leads to a wide tunnel under Fleming Way - turn right and walk through the tunnel, then follow the signposts to the Station.

P-t-B

Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus 49 stop question

Thank you so much. A bit disconcerting to take off in a town I'm unfamiliar with.

swindon,england
Level Contributor
4,037 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus 49 stop question

Another alternative and in my opinion a safer one is to walk along the path on the same side you get off the bus and stick to it until you get to the pedestrian crossing where Fleming way meets Fleet Street,you then cross Fleet Street and then Fleming Way and then follow the path directly in front of you which is Milford Street until you get to Wellington Street on the left where the train station will come into view.

This route then means you do not have to negotiate the sometimes dodgy underpass and the area inbetween there and the Train Station.

Reply to: Bus 49 stop question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted