We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night Life

Which Derby hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
US
1 post
Save Topic
Night Life

I'm visiting Derby for few days. Any nice places around Derby Station (walking distance) for evening entertainment. Any night clubs or any strip bars around this area.

Thanks in Advance!

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night Life

There's the Brunswick, a fine old pub, Antibo's a rather noisy but modern restaurant and a number of other places to eat.

Clubs and bars - I'll have to ask around and get back to you.

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night Life

www.yell.com give 8 clubs in Derby between 3/4 and 1 1/2 miles from the rail station. There are few hotels nearer than this.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,392 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night Life

The area around the station is certainly not the best representation of Derby. Most of the pubs are quite scruffy looking places. There are a few decent restaurants though, on London Road you'll find Stelliana and Saphos (Greek), Anoki (Indian) aswell as a good Italian and Tapas (though i forget their names).

For bars you're better taking a walk or taxi into the city centre. The nicer bars are centred around Friargate and i know Walkabout in the Market Place often has live music. The only strip club/lap dancing venue i know of is Eden and that's the top end of Sadlergate.

We have nightclubs in Derby but i wouldn't say any of them are up to much! The nearest to you is Zanzibar but it can be a pretty rough night in there, Blu Bambu is the biggest on Duckworth Square and for more serious clubbers there's Red on Friargate.

4. Re: Night Life

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, August 29, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Derby