We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disabled parking in Gloucester

Helsinki
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Topic
Disabled parking in Gloucester

My father was fined GBP 35 because his card was positioned incorrectly in his car even though it was clearly visible. This showed a total lack of common sense - something I will do by never visiting the town and condemining it to everone I meet!

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disabled parking in Gloucester

Your father's experience is not unique to Gloucester. The jobsworths who issue the tickets have targets to meet and 'improperly displayed' permits is one of the favourites. It's reported in the press over here all the time.

london
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disabled parking in Gloucester

I agree with Keitht ... I got fined because I'd forgotten to turn the clock around to show when I'd started parking ... defies common sense I know, but in the end I paid up because technically the traffic wardens were correct ... it's a nightmare parking, making sure all your wheels are inside the white lines that someone has arbitrarily painted on the ground, remembering to check the signs and make sure you can park and at what times, remembering to get the blue badge out, remembering to turn the clock ... every time I go through the ritual and start feeling exasperated I remind myself that the benefit is that I get to park in places others cannot, and that I get so much free parking

and these incidents have been all over the country, not confined to one area, so it's definitely not a Gloucester thing

3. Re: Disabled parking in Gloucester

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 12, 2011