We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hen do in Harrogate

Which Harrogate hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
4 posts
Save Topic
Hen do in Harrogate

We are planning a hen do in Harrogate and will be staying at the Hotel du Vin. We are looking for something to do on the Saturday day time. A trip to the Turkish baths is a potential but other ideas very much appreciated.

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hen do in Harrogate

Really??!

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Hen do in Harrogate

Yes, definitely Yorkshire's number one, it even says so on their web site, although I must admit my memories of the place tend to be somewhat sketchy.........

It is a good laugh though !

UK
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hen do in Harrogate

Although I was once a big fan of the Banyan Bar, I can no longer recommend it.

It was once a great place to be but that was when the place was new and they were aiming to please.

Sadly, they've stopped trying now and it's evident in the staff's indifference and declining standard of service.

During the last 3 visits, the food has gone downhill and the crockery has been dirty. When I explained to the waitress that our cups were dirty, she kindly replaced them, with some more dirty cups.

Matters weren't helped by the kitchen staff, who insisted on shouting orders and 'yes Chef! every two minutes.

Unfortunately, their culinary skills weren't quite up to Gordon Ramsay's standard and we ended up leaving half of the food, which had cost me £24.00

It's a shame but the Banyan bar seems to have gone the same way as the big restaurant chains, and personally I don't think indifferent staff, terrible service and poor food should be rewarded, so i won't be going back.

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
436 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hen do in Harrogate

Flares closed about a year ago, its been a bar - grill for at least 6 months

15. Re: Hen do in Harrogate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:47 am, October 30, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Harrogate