We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walkability from HGT Train station to The Studley Hotel

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Walkability from HGT Train station to The Studley Hotel

We are taking the train for London to Harrogate. We will have our luggage with us. How difficult is the journey from the train station to the hotel? The distance says it is less then 1/2 mile.

Wetherby
Level Contributor
209 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walkability from HGT Train station to The Studley Hotel

It is less than 1/2 mile- I'd estimate about 1/3 of a mile. If your luggage has wheels there are sidewalks ( in the UK we would say "pavements") all the way, and the way is a combination of flat and downhill. There are a couple of reasonably busy roads to cross ( one immediately outside the station) but there are traffic light crossings and both are one way traffic.

If you don't want to walk taxis are usually available near the station

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,829 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walkability from HGT Train station to The Studley Hotel

I would say take a taxi as the walk a little bit 'up hill and down dale' and if you are not familiar with Harrogate you could take a wrong turning.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walkability from HGT Train station to The Studley Hotel

It's a straightforward enough walk, or a short taxi. If you walk follows oil for the pump house on the tourist info maps throughout the town, the hotel is very near to the pump house.

The orchid restaurant at the studley hotel is excellent btw

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walkability from HGT Train station to The Studley Hotel

Thanks everyone! This is helpful. I will just take a taxi.

I agree, the Orchid is wonderful. This is my third trip to Harrogate but is the first time I am arriving by train or staying at the Studley.

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,696 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walkability from HGT Train station to The Studley Hotel

Love Orchid too, but Mirabelle, a couple of doors down from the Studley, is our current favourite in Harrogate.

http://www.mirabellerestaurant.co.uk/

Their lunch, 3 courses for under £16, is superb.

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walkability from HGT Train station to The Studley Hotel

I ended up taking a cab and it was £3.90 from the train to the hotel. Morgana, I did try Mirabelle and loved it! The red blended wine they serve with the 3 course dinner was really good. Food was very nice and service was good. Thanks!

7. Re: Walkability from HGT Train station to The Studley Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 08, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Harrogate