I'll be going to Wicklow from Singapore to attend my colleague's sister's wedding this July... or rather, I asked for an invitation so I can take the opportunity to travel to Ireland! Anyway, the wedding venue will be at the Brook Lodge, Aughrim Oaks and I've managed to find a B&B (single room at Eur 45) at Kiltegan which is about 30 minutes' ride to the Brook Lodge. According to the owner, the B&B is in a rural area and there is no direct public transport from B&B to Brook Lodge... so herein lies my problem.
1. How can I get from Kiltegan to the Brook Lodge?
2. If transportation is a problem, how do I get from the airport to Kiltegan?
3. Is there a similar pricing B&B near the wedding venue?
4. Even if there is, how do I go about my daily transportation?
5. Or will it be cheaper to hire a car?
I'll be pretty much on my own. I intend to arrive in Dublin on 4 July and depart on 11-Jul.
1. How long should I stay in Wicklow? I gather from pictures in the website that Wicklow is such a lovely place that I would like the time to explore the place and go horse riding (though I don't know how). I would also like to sightsee Dublin (eg. Guiness brewery etc).
2. How should my itinerary look like? Would 4 nights in Wicklow/3 nights in Dublin looks right?
I've never traveled that far on my own before so if there are any fellow members out there who can help me, I would greatly appreciate! Thanks!