We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White's Hotel

Which Wexford hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wexford, Ireland
Level Contributor
153 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
White's Hotel

Its approx 2years since we last had a bar meal in this hotel and that time it was in winter, I remember because the soup was absolutely gorgeus and really welcome on a cold day.

Our visit last week was on a beautiful sunny day and as we were starving the two of us opted for the carvery lunch, we chose turkey and chicken supreme and all the veg and trimmings etc.

I knew straight away when the covers were lifted that it wasnt going to be nice but said what the hell we' re here and hungry lets get on with it. I opted for parsley sauce with my chicken and couldnt believe it was synthetic, no fresh parsley in it. How hard is it to make a basic white sauce and fling in some fresh chopped parsley!

The bar is dark, the chairs are far too soft and uncomfortable trying to eat a meal.

We didnt bother getting coffee or a drink from the bar, we called into Ferrycarrig Hotel on way home later and had coffee and dessert there.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,052 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: White's Hotel

Now I know why I only stay at the Talbot.

Wexford, Ireland
Level Contributor
153 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: White's Hotel

As we had been for lunch in the Talbot last month we decided to just have a change. Nice afternoon tea in the Talbot!

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,475 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: White's Hotel

For a nice lunch, try Whitford House Hotel, yes it is slightly out of town, but there is a car park. You can have a carvery lunch or chose from the menu.

We haven't eaten at White's Hotel for a while, but have had many morning coffees since the refurb a few years ago, last time I had a tasty Black Forest latte.

4. Re: White's Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 30, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Wexford