We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best hotel Wexford town

Which Wexford hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
best hotel Wexford town

Hi heading to Wexford for a few days next month and would appreciate recommendation for a nice comfortable hotel for myself and my husband. Clean modern and in town is main thing really. I have checked out the Talbot and Whites, not much in difference price wise but mixed reviews for both here on tripadvisor. any insight would be wonderful Cheers

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best hotel Wexford town

I quite like the Ferrycarrig, but that's probably too far out for you. Whatever about White's, the Talbot's reviews don't seem all that mixed.

You'll find very few hotels on TripAdvisor that haven't upset someone at dome point.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,201 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: best hotel Wexford town

I enjoy the Talbot.

www.talbotwexford.ie/

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,579 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best hotel Wexford town

I also enjoyed the Talbot though we needed a map to find the leisure centre from our room! Nice lady at reception sourced a corkscrew and wine glasses for us.

Carlow, Ireland
Level Contributor
255 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best hotel Wexford town

I don't think that you would go wrong with either of those. Whites is a little more open plan.

southeast ireland
Level Contributor
347 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best hotel Wexford town

If you want to be in walking distance of pubs shops etc it would be talbot or whites.The next two on the ring road are the maldron and whitford house

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
10,008 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best hotel Wexford town

Ferrycarrig is further out, but very good. Whites can be a bit hit and miss, but the location is literally in the town centre.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best hotel Wexford town

My husband and I have stayed in Whites in 2011 and were very happy with the room we got. Location is excellent with access from hotel to the main shopping street.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
315 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best hotel Wexford town

I recently stayed in the Talbot, excellent hotel, would definitely recommend it to you

Aurora, IL, USA
Level Contributor
202 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best hotel Wexford town

Hi, We have 2 nights open on an upcoming trip to Ireland and we will be in the southeast/south central area those nights, and we are looking for a nice, interesting, affordable place to stay, preferably on oceanfront or lakefront, and near pubs that might have music. Other than that we're open to anything! : )

Does anyone have any recommendations for towns, hotels/guesthouses/B&Bs, and music pubs that would make for a fun two-night stay? Thanks.

Carlow, Ireland
Level Contributor
255 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best hotel Wexford town

Wexford town is going to be hard to beat for that sort of pub scene. It also has the beautiful board-walk along Wexford harbour. You will probably be able to get good deals in one of the hotels in the town. I would suggest the Talbot or Whites hotel.

Get answers to your questions about Wexford