We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus/train from Rosslare Europort to Cork or Dublin?

London, England...
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Topic
Bus/train from Rosslare Europort to Cork or Dublin?

I'm getting off at Rosslare Europort on 13th June morning and want to head straight to either Cork or Dublin and make a round trip and end up in Rosslare Europort.

I can't find info/fares/timetables for trains and bus to and from Rosslare Europort. Could anyone kindly advise me the website please and what the fares are like.

The sites I find online don't give timetables or fares for trains, so not helpful at all :(

Hope someone can help :)

Sweet Shop Gallery
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Hooked on Rosslare
Water Sports, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Stand-Up Paddleboarding
16 replies to this topic
Dublin
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Bus/train from Rosslare Europort to Cork or Dublin?

Carolyn you already asked this question on another thread. tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g186642-i3367-k6815…

Milano, Italia
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Bus/train from Rosslare Europort to Cork or Dublin?

Hi,

i've see a direct train from Rosslare Europort to Dublin but i cannot understand if dog are admitted.

I've try to write to Irish Rail but no answers. Anyone have some news about that?

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
7,880 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Bus/train from Rosslare Europort to Cork or Dublin?

@GNOBILE: See if anything here helps from Irish Rail web site:

http://www.irishrail.ie/index.jsp?p=120&n=155

Are you bringing a dog in from outside of Ireland? If you are, you may want to read through this recent topic on Pet Passports etc:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186591-i88-k61042…

1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Bus/train from Rosslare Europort to Cork or Dublin?

Hi i love your idea for round trip of Ireland. My husband is confined to an electric wheelchair so are the trains and buses mentioned accessible for him?

Mt Somers, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Bus/train from Rosslare Europort to Cork or Dublin?

I am arriving in Rosslare at 6.00 pm 10 August on the ferry from Fishguard. It appears as though the train to Dublin leaves before then. How do you get to Dublin (train or bus)? Can't find any information about this.

Ireland
Level Contributor
580 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Bus/train from Rosslare Europort to Cork or Dublin?

In the Summer the last train from the port is deferred in order to provide a connection from the 14.30 sailing ex Fishguard.

It will depart at 18.35 and the full timings for stations along the route can be viewed in the Irish Rail journey planner.

A SailRail ticket will work out cheaper than separate ferry and rail tickets and can be bought online via the dedicated SailRail section of the Arriva Trains Wales website or from the booking office at any staffed station. E.g. Cardiff to Wicklow/ Carmarthen to Dublin etc etc...Best to buy ahead of time as a higher fare applies if bought on the day of travel.

It's a very scenic run from Rosslare to Dublin. For the best views sit on the side of the train that you board on.

Hope you have a good journey.

Reply to: Bus/train from Rosslare Europort to Cork or Dublin?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted