We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Dunmore East to Waterford on a Sunday

Boston, MA
4 posts
Save Topic
Travel from Dunmore East to Waterford on a Sunday

Hi, I will be visiting Dunmore East in August and I will need to go to Cork from there (on a Sunday). I understand that the Suirway will get me to Waterford and I can tak the bus from there. The problem is that the Suirwau doesn't start until 2:30 on a Sunday. Does it make sense to take a taxi from Dunmore East to Waterford in the morning or should I just wait until 2:30? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Cork
Cork
County Cork, Ireland
Waterford
Waterford
County Waterford, Ireland
Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
Level Contributor
3,618 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Dunmore East to Waterford on a Sunday

If you are not in a hurry to get to Cork, then why bother with a taxi? Just have a lazy morning in Dunmore East. There are plenty of buses from Waterford to Cork on a Sunday afternoon.

Mentioned in this post
Cork
Cork
County Cork, Ireland
Waterford
Waterford
Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Dunmore East to Waterford on a Sunday

There are plenty of buses to Cork on a Sunday, you might get the 3pm one or there is one at 4pm, you will still be in Cork by just after 6pm. No panic, a taxi would be pretty expensive. If you miss the 3pm bus go across the road to the tourist office/Museum of treasures and have a cup of tea in the cafe there, and have a look round. (Dont get the tour you won't have time)

Mentioned in this post
Cork
Cork
County Cork, Ireland
Ireland
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Dunmore East to Waterford on a Sunday

Suirway bus service will indeed get you to Waterford where you can take Bus Eireann to Cork. Here's a timetable from 8:00am to 9:00pm, I used the 29th August because you said it was a Sunday you're travelling

http://194.106.151.94/jplan/bin/query.exe/en?seqnr=5&ident=57.07092187.1279041150&REQ0HafasScrollDir=1

If you take a taxi from Dunmore to Waterford you're probably looking in the region of $20-25 also the bus to Cork is roughly around $20. Suirway bus would be alot cheaper on the pocket. The first one leaves Dunmore East at 2:30pm which will have you in Waterford in about 20mins you could then catch the 4:00pm and be in Cork for 6:15pm. There is a 3:00pm but you would be pushed to get it.

Also not sure which date in August your in Dunmore but from the 27th to 29th the annual Blues Grass Festival is on so it's possible that Suirway may be doing an earlier service because the village gets alot of visitors for the festival, again I am not 100% sure on this but it's possible. Keep an eye on the website.

Mentioned in this post
Waterford
Waterford
Cork
Cork
County Cork, Ireland
Boston, MA
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Dunmore East to Waterford on a Sunday

Thanks for the information.

5. Re: Travel from Dunmore East to Waterford on a Sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, January 10, 2011