We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging in Strandhill

Which Sligo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southbury...
Level Contributor
59 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging in Strandhill

Am planning a visit to Strandhill in late July and would like to see what is available in home rentals, guest cottages, etc. We do not want to stay in a hotel or a B & B. We would like to stay as near the ocean as possible. Is there a listing or website that lists rentals?

Sligo, Ireland
Level Contributor
115 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging in Strandhill

You could try some of the following

www.discoverireland.com

www.daft.ie/sligo/houses_to_rent_strandhill

www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/strandhill

www.daft.ie/luceylettings

STRANDHILL IS GREAT ,YOU WILL ENJOY

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,695 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging in Strandhill

"Is there a listing or website that lists rentals? "

What you are looking for is called "self catering" in Ireland, so if you do a search for that on one of the sites given to you by Zena1 you should be able to find something.

Southbury...
Level Contributor
59 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging in Strandhill

Thanks so much Zena1. Will look these up and use IrishFan's advise about self catering (which sounds like what we are looking for).

Southbury...
Level Contributor
59 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging in Strandhill

Thanks IrishFan. Had more or less realized that self catering was what we were looking for but when I had been looking for Strandhill under Sligo sites it didn't appear (seemed like every other town was in the drop down list). Will check further.

Earth
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodging in Strandhill

I notice that the daft.ie website is mostly for people who want to rent their houses NOT on a weekly basis but want to lease them for a year or more, charging monthly rates. There are a few that do weekly rentals but you will have to look through a lot of listings.

What I do is Google Strandhill Self catering to come up with what I want. Some that look promising

http://www.coisreapartments.com/

www.primrosegrangehouse.com/theguestwing.html

There is not a tremendous amount of self catering in and around Sligo town.

Southbury...
Level Contributor
59 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lodging in Strandhill

Thank you, Sally. I have narrowed it down to the two you suggested.

dte
Sligo, Ireland
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Lodging in Strandhill

I know both of these properties and they are both good choices just a quick athing to note, Primrose Grange is 2 or 3 miles from Strandhill village so you will need a car if you choose to stay there. Cois Re is in the heart of the village right beside a busy pub and restaurant. Two very different places. Cois Re is nearer the ocean five minutes walk but Primrose Grange is set in the most beautiful countryside at the foot of Knocknarea.

Southbury...
Level Contributor
59 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lodging in Strandhill

Thanks, dte. Have narrowed it down to Primrose Grange but we are coordinating a visit from U.S. England and Australia as well as Ireland and trying to pin down dates is a nightmare. Given the economic conditions throughout the world wondering if these places book up fast?

9. Re: Lodging in Strandhill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, October 16, 2009