We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My report on Benbulben Farm B&B

CHARLOTTE
Level Contributor
824 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
My report on Benbulben Farm B&B

Stayed for 2 nights and couldn't wait to leave. Rooms were very basic, small, and very dated. Lady was cold, did not offer a warm greeting, tea or coffee. Breakfasts were good. Lady would not allow us to place a beer in the fridge and were told we could place it (beer) in water or in a nearby stream. She does allow drinking but if she is to run a B&B correctly she should have a fride large enough to accommodate her guest. We were never rude, demanding, or aggressive. I am a very seasoned traveler and would not recommend this B&B. Frank in Charlotte

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My report on Benbulben Farm B&B

"Cooling your beer in a nearby stream".

Sounds like somebody has to get with the times!

I hope you will be writing an official review. Should be fun to read :-)

CHARLOTTE
Level Contributor
824 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My report on Benbulben Farm B&B

Suzy, I am of Irish descent, fun loving, with a love of people. I always go to another country to experience the culture, its people, food, music, etc. I found it difficult to understand why an individual would manage a B&B if they did not also love people and attempt to offer pleasing hospitality. Perhaps the individual was just pretenting as she patted her bank account. I stick by my comments and hope others will accept them as good advice.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My report on Benbulben Farm B&B

They probably don't see to many tourists up there Frank ;-) the best service you can provide for other potential B&B guests is to write a review.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,552 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My report on Benbulben Farm B&B

"Lady would not allow us to place a beer in the fridge and were told we could place it (beer) in water or in a nearby stream."

Eek, this puts a completely new aspect on fly fishing. Fly finds bottle in stream, manages to open it, has a good draught, gets inebriated, gets caught by angler, dies happy. What a way to go!

Frank, sorry to hear about your experience. Make sure to write a review!

Sligo, Ireland
Level Contributor
115 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My report on Benbulben Farm B&B

Frank,sorry that your stay in the Sligo B&B was such a disaster especially when you had put so much work in planning this trip.It certainly seems to me that the lady in this house needs to get off the mountain & travel to find out what good service means.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip & this was the only hitch ?

CHARLOTTE
Level Contributor
824 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My report on Benbulben Farm B&B

Guys, thanks for your posts. I had a good trip and love Ireland and its people. I found it surprising how each county could be so different yet so close in terms of miles. I had the opportunity to have an extended talk with an 83 year old gentlemen as he was placing peat out to dry. I will always remember his warmth, his eyes, his love for the land and for the USA also. I asked him to pray for Obama and he replied he had already done so, and would continue. I assured him he would need all the prayers he could get. I will always hold those memories near to my heart. To all who helped me with this trip, thanks, and thanks again. Frank in Charlotte

7. Re: My report on Benbulben Farm B&B

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 08, 2009
Get answers to your questions about County Sligo