We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Dublin Airport (DUB) to Marriott...

San Francisco
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Dublin Airport (DUB) to Marriott...

Hi everyone! I hope you all can help us. My family (2 adults and a 2 year old) will be going to Dublin this July for a wedding. We are staying at the Marriott Johnstown House;Enfield. I am wondering how we can get from the Dublin Airport to the hotel? Is there a shuttle service we can use, or can anyone recommend a good way to do this. I am sure Taxi's are super expensive, so want to avoid that if possible. Also, one at the hotel, we want to do a day trip to the downtown Dublin area to see the sites, how would we do that? Is there a bus or something. If anyone could help I would REALLY appreciate it! Any tips or what not would be great. This is our first trip out of the country and I am a bit nervous. :)

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,456 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Dublin Airport (DUB) to Marriott...

The only way to get to the hotel if you don't want to take a taxi (you're right it would be very expensive) would be by public transport and this will be a bit awkward. You will have to take the bus from outside Arrivals at the airport (747, I think) and then Bus No. 20 from Busáras in Dublin. This bus will take you to Enfield town. The Marriott Johntown is outside Enfield itself and quite a good walk away.

The only other thing I can think of is to contact the hotel and ask them the best way to get there from the airport. They might have their own transport facilities.

Good luck!

Dublin, Ireland.
Level Contributor
117 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Dublin Airport (DUB) to Marriott...

Check out www.citylink.ie/timetable-galw2dubl.htm

This is a privately owned bus service which leaves from the airport on the hour from 8.15 am. The three of you can travel return for €36.00. The bus will stop in the village of Enfield and the hotel I'm sure will have a shuttle bus to and from the village to the hotel.

This service will also take you into and out of the city centre.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,456 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Dublin Airport (DUB) to Marriott...

Good thinking, Brian! I thought there was an alternative to public transport but just couldn't think of which!

It might still be an idea to get in touch with the hotel just in case they do arrange for transfer to/from there.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Dublin Airport (DUB) to Marriott...

Thanks so much will look into that! I will also try and contact the hotel.