We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for family of four?

England
Level Contributor
2,317 posts
167 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay for family of four?

Hi,

I have just found out that we are off to a christening in July in Trim, (seems like only a few months since the last one, but my sister's on a roll at the moment!) We need somewhere to stay for two nights that will either allow two adults and a ten and 12 year old to share a room or a place with a two bed-roomed apartment.

Most of the places I've looked at on the web have only double or twin rooms or are booked up. Last time we visited we stayed at the Trim Castle hotel but didn't much like it. We will have a car so could stay in Dublin or at any point between Trim and Dublin.

I'd quite like to stay somewhere on the coast, as we've spent quite a bit of time in Trim and Dublin recently and would like to try somewhere different. Anywhere that's within an hour's drive of Dublin, (for the airport), and Trim would be fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks very much in advance.

:)

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for family of four?

Hi Micra

The only place on the (Meath) coast that springs to mind would be the Bettystown Court Hotel - a relatively new hotel www.bettystowncourt.com - Having had a look at their website they appear to have family rooms catering for two adults and two children - so it may suit your needs. 6 miles of fabulous beach at your doorstep and Drogheda only 5 minutes away. A handy 30 minute drive up the M1 motorway to the Airport and less than an hour to Trim so it may be what you are looking for.

However Bettystown and its neighbouring village Laytown has been ruined by over-planning in the last few years which is a shame. However there would be more than enough in the vicinity to keep you busy.

Sonairte the National ecological centre is in neighbouring Laytown (5 minutes), Historical Drogheda (10 minutes), Bru Na Boinne (for Newgrange, Knowth and Dowth) (15 minutes) etc etc

Another area which would spring to mind would be either Skerries in North Co Dublin or even Malahide. There has been lots of information posted on Malahide over the last few months and it would be my personal favourite on the east coast. Carrsmill may be able to help with accommodation around the Skerries area. You would be less than 90 minutes to Trim from either town and closer to the airport that Bettystown.

Your added advantage that Trim and all the towns mentioned are the 'right side of the city' for the airport!

Let me know if I can help further!

England
Level Contributor
2,317 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for family of four?

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions, Littlepumpkin, I will check them out.

:)

3. Re: Where to stay for family of four?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, September 29, 2009