We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay near Heuston Station Dublin

Boston
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Place to stay near Heuston Station Dublin

Any recommendations on a place to stay 1-night near Heuston train station? Would like to be with in walking distance or close by with in a 5 minute taxi ride. Have an early train to catch.

Many thanks

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,855 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to stay near Heuston Station Dublin

You could try the Aisling Hotel (www.hotelsrus.com/search.php…). It's as close to Heuston Station as 3 minutes. I have never stayed there (I live just outside Dublin) but I seem to remember some favourable comments about it on this forum.

Dublin
Level Contributor
794 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to stay near Heuston Station Dublin

Remember that the LUAS tram system stops right outside the door of the station, with the first inbound service at 6am, well ahead of the Westport 8.05am service.

So you could stay at hotels out in Tallaght, Red Cow, or closer to town near Connolly station.

Brooklyn NY
Level Contributor
88 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to stay near Heuston Station Dublin

You might also try Gatelodge Guest House, just opposite Phoenix Park. If you're looking for a memorable experience this may not be the place, but if you want a clean room with a more than adequate breakfast, and a five minute walk to Heuston Station, this may be something to consider.

http://www.dublingatelodge.com/index.html

4. Re: Place to stay near Heuston Station Dublin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, August 16, 2009