We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trips out of Westport

Which Westport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
6 posts
Save Topic
day trips out of Westport

Staying in Westport for 5 nights at the end of April and would like to know what "day trips" we can make to see as much as possible? We are 6 adults and 2 babies. Buses, cabs???

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: day trips out of Westport

I was in Westport in Feb 2012, and cycled the magnificent Greenway cycle track from Achill Island to Westport (27 miles approx). It was great fun and well worth doing - even with the young children. We hired bikes in Westport - electric assisted ones( which made it so much easier) @ €30each, and we paid €5 to be driven from Westport to Achill, and we cycled all the way back. However, if you find the going tough, the hire company will collect you at practically any point on the journey. You can hire little trailers to transport the children. If you only feel like doing portion of it, I would recommend that you start from Achill, as the cycle from Achill to Mulranny is particularly nice.

We hired from - http://www.clewbayoutdoors.ie/ and we got an excellent service from them - see my review 23 Feb 2012 on TA - tripadvisor.ie/Attraction_Review-g186627-d22…

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
23 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: day trips out of Westport

Hi there

That sounds like fun we will look our for it and send them some emails

Cheers

Nicola

13. Re: day trips out of Westport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 am, March 26, 2013