We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Westport-2 nights

Which Westport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
1 post
Save Topic
Restaurants in Westport-2 nights

Been to Ireland 12-15 times but this will be first trip to Westport. Will be staying at the Westport Plaza with my wife and 20 yr. old son. We have 2 nights to eat in Westport and I am asking which 2 restaurants would you pick for those that have been there. I realize everyone has different tastes so here are ours: Although hotel food can be quite good, not looking for that experience. Would like place with warm Irish feel, very good food, good atmosphere, comfortable, good selection of entrees. I am really impressed by Trip Advisor posters so let's hear it.................

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,361 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Westport-2 nights

IAmerican, if you enter "Restaurants Westport" into the search box you will get quite a few results that might help you.

We liked the bar food in the Wyatt Hotel on the Octagon (yes, I know you're NOT looking for hotel food).

The Asgard down at the harbour used to be very good but I haven't eaten there in quite a while so can't vouch for the quality these days.

irishtourist.com/directory/… and www.boo.com/ireland/westport/restaurants among other websites might give you an idea of what's on offer.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Westport-2 nights

IAmerican

My favourites in Westport are (in no particular order!) Quay Cottage (www.quaycottage.com), Sol Rio (www.solriowestport.com) which is incidently right across the road from Matt Molloys Pub for an after dinner tipple or two in great atmosphere - or the restaurant at the Linenmill.

Never fail to deliver and always visit at least one of them when I am down that way.

West of Ireland
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Westport-2 nights

Hi,

There are many good restaurants in Westport. O Malleys on Main street, The Asguard on the Quays, Ill Volcano if you would like a good Itallian. The restaurant in the Castlecourt/Westport Plazza is good also.

A lot of the pubs are doing food in Westport. One option you have is to book the first nite then once you have had a good look around the town you can pick the second.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Westport-2 nights

Had two great meals in Westport earlier this year.

The first was a delicious burger and equally delicious side dishes upstairs at JJ O'Malleys. Enjoyed a drink downstairs in the bar while we were waiting for our table. Cozy upstairs, lots of tables tucked in the old beams - unique atmosphere, friendly staff.

Second great dinner was at the Wyatt Hotel - yes, a hotel, but it wasn't the typical hotel dining room experience, more of a bar/pub atmosphere. Great deal, three course meal for two, plus bottle of wine for 50 euro. Food was nicely prepared and presented and was very tasty!

I would return to and would recommend both places. Hope you find something that suits you!

london
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in Westport-2 nights

Hope this is not too late for you. The nicest places to eat are The Helm at the Quay you absolutely have to book. Really good food and a great atmosphere also arrange fishing trips.

Also Medditeraneo is consistently good Italian with a quite eccemtric but very friendly owner.

6. Re: Restaurants in Westport-2 nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, October 12, 2009