We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Tavern at Murrisk.

Which Westport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
35 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
The Tavern at Murrisk.

Just arrived back from a cracking 3 day trip to Westport.Have to mention the excellent food and service we experienced at The Tavern,the staff,led by the landlady Ruth,were the friendliest and most helpful bunch I've ever come across.They made us feel right at home,nothing was too much trouble.We weren't really that hungry,having decided just to pop in for a drink,but when we saw the plates of food being eagerly scoffed by the numerous diners we suddenly became peckish.An impressive menu was enhanced by a lengthy specials board.My wife and I decided to share a seafood platter at 17.50euro,cracking value,the plate was full of the most beautiful crab,smoked salmon and prawns,with a couple of fresh Clew Bay oysters thrown in for good measure along with an ample serving of soda bread.We ate in the pub,on our next visit we'll try the restaurant.

Dublin
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: The Tavern at Murrisk.

Have to disagree strongly here. The food is very overpriced for the area and substandard. The upstairs restaurant is even worse and I found the owner, a heavy set man in a chef suit to be most unfriendly. Service was dreadful too

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
518 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Tavern at Murrisk.

Have to side with Dunnsdale here, (who sez the Irish don't agree on anything with the English!!), as we ate there on Wednesday and seriously could not fault.

Quite busy at lunch time and with 2 kids in tow we were served quickly and efficently.Really enjoyed our food and would return.Clean, tidy and good value.

One whine would be that parking is non-existant and it is a very busy road and as Pub is right on road side you'd want a good hold on children entering /leaving.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,455 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Tavern at Murrisk.

Spent a lovely evening in the upstairs restaurant at the Tavern recently with a very large family group - ages ranging from 1 - 50+. Have to say that we had a wonderful time, the staff were very friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. The food was outstanding and the quality of it came as a real surprise to myself and some others in our group. The chef is clearly someone who knows what he is doing, the menu had lots of local seafood on it, but also had other interesting and delicious options. Would highly recommend the Tavern.

4. Re: The Tavern at Murrisk.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 15, 2010