We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great B & B In Westport

Which Westport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Great B & B In Westport

Hi Everyone.

Back in May this year I asked T.A. Members if they knew of Plougastel House B&B in Distillery Road, Westport, & if so would they recommend it, I am sorry to say the few replies I received said nothing about this B&B, so my 3 friends & I decided to book 3 rooms there, now we are just home after our stay there & what I can say is that anyone who didn't book in there have missed out, our visit was brilliant from the time Sandra welcomed us at her front door until we left to drive down to Cork.

Plougastel House was so easy to find being just a 5 minute walk over the bridge into the town, it is nicely decorated, the rooms are lovely, beds are very comfortable, & the Breakfast is very filling, & Sandra is lovely we really felt at home, we definitely recommend this B&B I am amazed that no-one that has stayed with Sandra has not sent in a report before now, so I hope after this that someone will go to Westport & enjoy Sandras hospitality as much as we did. If you do go Dunnings Pub do very nice meals at reasonable prices some places we looked at to eat were a bit expensive. Thanks Sandra for a brilliant 1st visit to Westport, we will be back.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great B & B In Westport

Nebo - thanks for the post. I am in the planning stages for a trip to Westport (2 nights) next spring and will check out Plougastel when looking at area B&Bs. One thing that is important in our decision is walking distance to town centre, the inns advertising "Just a 10 minute brisk walk to town" tend to scare me a little.

If you say it's 5 minutes, and you've stayed there, it's easier to believe!

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great B & B In Westport

Hi Kjjones.

Thanks for your message, I am certain you would enjoy a stay at Plougastel House & as the house is the 2nd one in Distillery Rd it is only a 5 minute walk into the Town, when you leave the house turn right go to the top of the road ( about 20yards) turn left walk about another 20 yards & you will see the Bridge walk over the Bridge ( it is a small Bridge) & you are at the start of the Town where all the main shops are you can walk to the top & turn right into the square & right again where there are more shops, to eat at a reasonable price ( Euros 9 - 95 ) alot of places prices started at 16 -95 Euros you cannot beat Dunnings Pub , & to get to it when you cross the Bridge Turn Right walk along by the River there ( this is a short cut ) & at the end turn left You will see the shops & Dunnings Pub is up on the Right, but if you are in the main street go to the top to the square & turn right & you will see Dunnings. One thing I have learnt I have been told alot of Visitors to Ireland are advised to use a voucher system for accommodation etc, but it limits them as alot of Hosts do not accept vouchers.I hope you have a wonderful time in Westport.

Nebo

3. Re: Great B & B In Westport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, September 10, 2009