We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st Wedding Anniversary - Westport Restaurant

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
1st Wedding Anniversary - Westport Restaurant

Got married in Mayo last year. Had our wedding reception at the Pontoon Bridge Hotel. We are staying there & having dinner the night before our wedding anniversary as they were fully booked the actual day of. Staying in Westport for our actual 1st wedding anniversary & have no idea on a really nice restaurant to book.

I suppose if all else fails we could book Knockranny. But I was hoping there would be somewhere in town, as we are staying at the Wyatt hotel & would prefer to not have to go too far (we ate at the Wyatt last year & that was nice, but not much atmosphere).

I think Lemon Peel & Torrino's sound lovely but not special enough for this occasion.

Thanks

Ireland
Level Contributor
193 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st Wedding Anniversary - Westport Restaurant

There is also Il Volcano, an italian right in town, Sol Rio which i think is a mixture of all sorts. A lot of the restaurants are the same type and what you class as "special", I am not sure you will find in the town of Westport. If you were willing to walk the ten minute walk to Hotel Westport I have no doubt they will make a fuss of you on your anniversary as they did with ours and my mam and dads anniversary.

Have a good weekend.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st Wedding Anniversary - Westport Restaurant

Thanks for the tip. We have booked Quay Cottage as it sounds quaint and the menu looks good. Will let you know how we get on.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st Wedding Anniversary - Westport Restaurant

Quay Cottage is right by the entrance to Westport House and both the restaurant and the food were excellent.

The theme is nautical and there is a lot of fish on the menu. It was all very delicious and I would highly recommend it to anyone in the area.

Best to book though in the summer as it does get busy.

4. Re: 1st Wedding Anniversary - Westport Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, September 06, 2009