We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving the Loop/stops

Boston...
Level Contributor
211 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Driving the Loop/stops

Hey guys, going to be driving the loop, haven't decided which way I am going to drive it yet, CW, or CWW, and or stay in Clifden or Westport, depends on how far I get, weather, ect. But I am researching the "must do's", but that might be all touristy info I am reading. can people throw things out that is a "should be done", but may not be high on most tourist itinerarys. Stops along the way, maybe towns near by to see, stuff off the beaten path. Thanks!!

Mentioned in this post
Clifden
Clifden
County Galway, Ireland
Westport
Westport
County Mayo, Ireland
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,972 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving the Loop/stops

fairly sure you have seen my map and N59 stuff but if not …activeboard.com/t50055177/n59-galway-route/

Boston...
Level Contributor
211 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving the Loop/stops

Hi Tony, yes I did see the map from the last post. That was pretty much all the stuff I had found in my search on line and in travel books, ect. So I figured I would ask again to see if there was something that I missed that I don't have done on the itinerary. thanks again!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,972 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving the Loop/stops

There are a lot of things I haven't seen and been going there for years! It's a vast area and how much can be slipped into a couple of days is just the smell from the glass before you wet ur lips. There are some good bars in Clifden and it would get my vote for an overnight rather than Westport as its more compact. Think Connellys would fit the bill for a bar but there are several options within wandering distance.

Mentioned in this post
Clifden
Clifden
County Galway, Ireland
Westport
Westport
County Mayo, Ireland
Ballina, Ireland
Level Contributor
677 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving the Loop/stops

Westport though is a very pretty town, and there are lovely bars and resturaunts there. Not forgetting Matt which almost always has great trad music. Westport house is also really worth a stop, .

Mentioned in this post
Westport
Westport
County Mayo, Ireland
5. Re: Driving the Loop/stops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, March 24, 2016