We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cong, county mayo to ashford castle

arizona
Level Contributor
31 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
cong, county mayo to ashford castle

Can anyone tell me whether there are taxis available from Cong (where the buses stop) to Ashford Castle? If they are available, are they easily available?

thanks!

SB

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cong, county mayo to ashford castle

Hi. I can't say specifically, but I imagine they are. Just go into a pub, have a pint or whatever and ask for one. Cheers.

UK
Level Contributor
655 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cong, county mayo to ashford castle

Cong is quite small so I doubt if the taxis are readily available, if you are travelling to Ashford castle hotel I would contact them to see what arrangements they could help you with

Minneapolis MN
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: cong, county mayo to ashford castle

The Ashford Castle grounds back up on to the village of Cong. The back road out of the castle actually runs directly into the town. I'd imagine you could walk it in 20 minutes or less.

Saline, Michigan
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: cong, county mayo to ashford castle

I visited there in 1992 and recall that one can walk from downtown Cong to Ashford Castle in about 10-15 minutes. There is an admission fee to see the Castle grounds but the back way is not always attended. As I recall, that entrance is near the Cong Abbey ruins.

5. Re: cong, county mayo to ashford castle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, August 13, 2009