We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Tower Restaurant

Ireland
Level Contributor
51 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
The Tower Restaurant

Hi there - just wondering if anyone has tried the new Tower Restaurant in Millmount yet ? I read in the local paper it has just opened (where Martellos Restaurant used to be). Thinking of booking and just wanted a bit of feedback if possible.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Tower Restaurant
Tower Restaurant
88 Reviews
Drogheda, Ireland
St Peter's Church
Churches & Cathedrals
Mellifont Abbey
Sacred & Religious Sites
St. Laurence Gate
Architectural Buildings, Historic Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Tower Restaurant

Hey

WAs on way to Eastern Seaboard and Grill last night when we just though we would pop up to see this restaurant just to see if was open or not and it was so we went in! Absolutely lovely decor inside - very warm and cosy with great view in Conservatory bit. Good menu - had delicious fillet steak and great sides. I liked it alot and was great start as most restaurants when they open need about 2-3 months to get on their feet but was well impressed with this place on its 6th night of operation! Definiately have to give this a try....i will be back

Mentioned in this post
Eastern Seaboard
Eastern Seaboard
855 Reviews
Drogheda, Ireland
Ireland
Level Contributor
51 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Tower Restaurant

Thanks for your swift reply Ciara - it sounds well worth checking out - i'm liking the sounds of that fillet steak-yummy It's great to see this place reopen it was always a lovely venue (i'd choose it over eastern seabord anyday-its far too noisy +pretentious for my liking!!!) Im organising for a group of 10 so i want to be sure i choose well. - thanks for feedback ;)

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The Tower Restaurant

Read that the restaurant had reopened. Probably the best venue for a restaurant in the town. I always loved the view from the conservatory (especially at night-time). God bewith the Fidelma McAllister days of running the place in the good old late '80's (or was it early '90's). It really was a hotspot.

There is a dearth of nice restaurants in Drogheda, and it's somewhere I dont really rank for food, whether for a "special night" or even just for a midweek dinner. I never mind paying for good food, but would rather cook something nice at home than eat (and pay for) the servings in some of the establishments in the town.

I too wouldnt rate Eastern Seaboard. Have visited a number of times and cannot understand the hype. Less than mediocre food in, as you you say Reilly, a loud noisy environment and Management with attitude, unless they have changed their ways. Been a while since I have been there, my husband has refused to go there for the past few years after a number of dodgy visits. I think it's a case, you either love it or loathe it, and I'm in the latter camp.

Must try to "encourage" him to visit the Tower.

Let us know how you get on.

Mentioned in this post
Eastern Seaboard
Eastern Seaboard
855 Reviews
Drogheda, Ireland
Ireland
Level Contributor
51 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Tower Restaurant

Oh those were the days for sure - unfortunately i think it was the 80's !!! God yes you could always bank on a good meal from Fidelma.... Have booked The Tower - will let you know how it goes little pumpkin

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Tower Restaurant

I've heard that some of the original staff from The Buttergate (80s-90s) are back working in The Tower, just a rumour though, I will have to press my sources and get confirmation!!!

I believe the same guy in charge of The Salthouse is running The Tower.

Edited: 11:52 am, October 02, 2012
Ireland
Level Contributor
51 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Tower Restaurant

Well lollymcd - I can definately confirm that the guy from Salthouse owns The Tower - we're booked for tomorrow night - so i can tell more after our visit...

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Tower Restaurant

Looking forward to hearing your thought r!

Ireland
Level Contributor
51 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Tower Restaurant

Well the news is all good on Tower restaurant. Lovely seating area downstairs- where we meet up had drinks + studied menu. Staff very helpful + friendly. Upstairs to conservatory - food promptly served - with a smile :)

Unlike other restaurants we were not badgered for table back @ 9 + so we enjoyed leisurely meal. We had an assortment of starters + mains - we were all happy with our dish.. Some brillant music by local girl (i think) Saoirse - we actually thought it was c.d !! She sang in bar but music was piped upstairs... Thoroughly enjoyed our night- great food/athmosphere + staff. Restaurant was packed when we arrived + anyone we spoke to were all enjoying + glad to see this lovely venue reopened - a welcome return of a favourite to drogheda scene. Highly recommend - hope they keep up high standard ;)

Ireland
Level Contributor
51 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Tower Restaurant

Oops Lollymcd forgot to confirm that Salthouse guy .+ maybe 1 or 3 staff definately in Tower.

Also Littleppkin thanks for your recommendation - i ordeted fillet steak - it was perfection ;)

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: The Tower Restaurant

Great to hear r4reilly

Must give it a try soon :-)

Get answers to your questions about Drogheda
Recent Conversations