We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Hotel ??

Waterford
Level Contributor
295 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Which Hotel ??

Help needed here please i am thinking of going to limerick next weekend and would like to stay in a nice central hotel with parking on site and good atmosphere in bar with good food ,going shopping for the day so will need to chill afterwards thanks for any help you can give me ,

The Milk Market
Flea & Street Markets
Brown Thomas
Department Stores, Gift & Specialty Shops
Lucky Lane
Gift & Specialty Shops
Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
27,749 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Hotel ??

The George is as central as you will get

http://www.thegeorgeboutiquehotel.com/ It has its own restaurant and bar.

Its on O'Connell Street and there are a number of excellent restaurants within feet of the hotel if you feel like getting out of the hotel.

If you want a Chinese then the Jasmine Palace is as good a chinese restaurant as you will get. www.jasminepalace.ie The Jasmine is across the road from the George.

Underneath The George is Le Chocolat - a lovely restaurant. www.chocolatrestaurant.ie

There are 2 parking options available for hotel guests:

Option 1: Howleys Quay Car Park

Entrance is located on Henry Street

Contact Details: +353 61 401 833

Overnight parking is FREE

18.30 to 08.00 weekdays – Free

18.30 to 10.00 weekends – Free

Maximum Day Rate or 24 hours is €7.50

3 day pass: €15

Weekly pass: €20

Weekend pass for €15.00 Friday till Sunday, park anytime on Friday until anytime on Sunday.

Option 2: Harvey’s Quay Car Park (Above Dunnes Stores)

Entrance is located on the Quay Side: +353 61 468 240

18.00 to 08.30 weekdays – €6 (discounted charge) – payable at pay station in Car Park

€8.50 – 24 hour charge payable at pay station in Car Park

Weekend pass for €15.00 Friday till Monday.

Weekly pass 7 days €18.00.

Alternatively, The Strand Hotel is just across the river on the Ennis Road. www.strandhotellimerick.ie

We're talking less than 2 minutes walk from the city centre. It has its own underground car park and is in an excellent location with views over the river. The restaurant is excellent and there is a lovely atmosphere in the bar. It also has a leisure centre and a hair salon on the complex. There is an on site car park at the hotel with over 200 spaces, The car park is located on level -2 and there is direct access to the hotel lobby from the car park located. Car Park is Chargeable at a reduced rate of €6 per 24 hours for residents

A third option is the Savoy Hotel www.savoylimerick.com This is on Henry Street and is just around the Corner from The George. Again it is a lovely hotel with a fabulous restaurant. Like the George, they don't have their own car park but have an arrangement with Harvey's Quay Car Park (located directly across from the Hotel) Complimentary parking for residents from 6pm until 8.30am the following morning. €1.70 per hour €7.50 per 24 hours. (Outside the above stated hours)

Edited: 4:28 pm, December 07, 2013
Waterford
Level Contributor
295 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Hotel ??

Thank you Bean A for your quick and very informative reply think i will go with the george looks a nice hotel and very central .Thanks again ,,

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
28,898 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Hotel ??

Not sure what it's like now, but I learnt how to Antelope in there.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
12,652 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Hotel ??

Savoy is smashing, but like all city hotel, try and get a room on a higher floor so you are away from traffic noise.

Ontario
Level Contributor
715 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Hotel ??

I just booked The George yesterday. Was confused though that it said that all the rooms were the same size? Is this true whether you purchase a double room or a king room? Just wondering if anyone knew? Not that it matters now lol

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
27,749 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Hotel ??

From the George Hotel website:

Room Types:

We have a wide selection of room types in our Limerick Hotel to suit our varying guest requirements including; Single, Twin, Double and Triple. Disabled Rooms for the mobility impaired are also available on request.

Single rooms are rooms with one single bed in them.

Twin rooms are rooms with two single beds in them.

Double are rooms with one double bed in them.

Triple rooms are generally rooms with one double bed and one single bed in them.

I haven't heard of a "King" room nor are they mentioned on the website.

Ontario
Level Contributor
715 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Hotel ??

hmmm.....my booking says King bed. Guess we'll wait and see. This is what I saw on their website.

Bedroom with a king size bed. Room Features: Individually Controlled Air-conditioning; 4 Star Quality Beds; Satellite TV on LCD screen; Laptop Sized Safe; Complimentary Wireless Internet Access; Iron and Ironing-Board; Modern Finish Bathroom with Hair-Dryer; Specialty Teas/Coffee Cafétiers making facilities; Direct Dial Telephone; Integrated Work-Desk Area. Please check out the Rooms tab on our website for more information on accommodation and additional guest facilities.

8. Re: Which Hotel ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 28, 2015