We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to spend a day and a half in Limerick

Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
How to spend a day and a half in Limerick

Hi

We will be arriving in Limerick by bus from Dingle at 11h05 on Thursday the 13th of June.

We have reserved a room at Russel's B&B for 2 nights.

So far I have booked a spot on a stadium & museum tour at Thomond Park Stadium for 15h00 the day we arrive. I would also like to visit St Mary's Cathedral on that day.

Can anyone suggest a good spot for a meal that night and the next?

Now the next day we had planned to take a day tour with Paddywagon Tours to Cliffs of Moher. Would that be a good plan? It just means that we don't have any time to actually spend in Limerick but I would be loathe to not see the cliffs. Is Paddywagon our best option as a tour operator in the area?

We leave eeeeaaaarly the next morning to get back to Dublin for our flight home :-(

Any thoughts would be helpful!

Thanks

Heidi

Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How to spend a day and a half in Limerick

@ GillMAC9 - sometimes I worry about my brain! Yes Russells B&B is in Dingle. Not going to help me much in Limerick, is it!!

We've booked into the Jury's Inn Limerick for 2 nights. 13th and 14th of June.

12. Re: How to spend a day and a half in Limerick

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:42 am, July 22, 2013
Limerick
Level Contributor
76 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: How to spend a day and a half in Limerick

I happen to know Declan from Limerick City Walking Tours personally, and would fully recommend a tour with him, He is informative, witty, knowledgeable and flexible.

(Unfortunately he can't guarantee good weather, but he will deliver an enjoyable walkabout).

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,780 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: How to spend a day and a half in Limerick

I'd recommend the Cornstore too, it's only a few minutes from Jury's Inn, the receptionists will give you directions, but it's just off O'Connell Street, the food s excellent, the best steak we've eaten in Ireand!

Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: How to spend a day and a half in Limerick

Hi

So the route we've chosen is to go directly from Limerick to the Cliffs and spend a couple of hours there.

Then Doolin & the Doolin Cave

Then amble back via your route Lightblue7. Through Fanore then around the coast to Ballyvaghan then through Burren before heading back to Limerick.

Thanks for all the suggestions!!! Think it will be a fabulous day!

Edited: 5:24 am, May 29, 2013
Limerick, Ireland
1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: How to spend a day and a half in Limerick

Its too early for you I know but if anyone from foreign parts wants to really see Limerick, go this Sunday afternoon (9th june) to the GAA's Gaelic Grounds and watch Limerick's Hurling Team play, in this large stadium there is an atmosphere like no other, join the thousands of good natured fans from both teams buy a limerick flag from the vendors on the door, pay your money usually about 15-20 quid for adults, all under 18's free.. with concessions for pensioners.. and enjoy one of the fastest, most skilful games you could see.. like I said with the best atmosphere going.... this is to experience Ireland, and no I am not Irish but have lived here many years and cannot wait for Sunday... hope to see a few tourists there.... as anyone in town where it is or look up online...

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: How to spend a day and a half in Limerick

Bean, jumping on this thread as it relates to my separate post about advice for my friend visiting Ireland for the first time. Are there day tours from Limerick to the Burren area - I think she would love it?

Am always encouraging my friends to visit Ireland so want to help her get the most out of her short visit.

18. Re: How to spend a day and a half in Limerick

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 09, 2014