We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours of Dingle

Middlebury CT
7 posts
Save Topic
Tours of Dingle

My family and I are going to spend 3 nights in Adare in early August. All together we will be 4 adults. Of course we will spend a day exploring the castles. I can't face the Ring of Kerry in the middle of the busiest tourist time and have already driven it on a previous trip. However, I have not been to the Dingle Peninsula and would like to spend a day touring it and returning to Adare at night. I would prefer to have a tour where someone can explain the narural beauty, history and archeological points of interest. Ideally I'd like a private tour and wondered if such a thing exists. What I have seen so far is the Sciurd archeological tours that leave from Dingle town and are about 21/2 hours long and a bus tour that leaves from Kilarney and is about 7 hours long. While I am not usually drawn to bus tours this has the most appeal so far because someone else will do the driving through the windy roads of the Dingle Penninsula and, therefore, as the driver, I also can enjoy what I am seeing. This is a Deros Tour and I gather from others they have a good reputation. My questions are, is this the best there is? Is there another tour company that does something similar that I can pick up closer to Adare? Ideally is there someone or a company that offers private tours that uses their vehicle or our car and is located fairly near Adare? Thanks in advance for your help.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,377 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours of Dingle

You might consider contacting Barratts Tours directly:

http://www.4tours.biz/

Alternatively you might consider contacting Shannonside Tourist Office in Limerick:

Limerick City Tourist Office Arthurs Quay. Limerick Tel +353 61 317522 Email: touristofficelimerick@shannondev.ie