We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far

Which Limerick hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
munster
Level Contributor
523 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
How far

How far is it from the Strand hotel to Tormond Park , could i walk it with a two and a half year old if not is it easy to get a taxi and roughly how much would this cost , /? any help /tips would be great , Thanks .

Western Ireland...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How far

Strand to Thomond Park is 10-15 walk on level ground with no hills. I presume the child will be in a buggy. No need for a taxi.

munster
Level Contributor
523 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far

Yes she will be in a buggy and, Thank you for telling me its level ground i would never have thought of asking that and Thank you very much for your quick reply ,

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,588 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far

The Strand to Thomond DOES have an incline.

From the Strand, take a left and walk up towards the Union Cross. Its about 1/4 of a mile. At the traffic lights, turn right, down the Shelbourne Road. Walk down the Shelbourne Road (about half a mile, maybe slightly less). You will come to Hassetts Cross. At the traffic lights you will see the stadium.

Depending on where you are entering the stadium, you will either go left, up the hill to the Mayorstone entrance or straight on, up the pathway to the Ballynanty entrance.

If you are going on a match day, it would be easier to walk although the footpaths will be very busy. But there's a tremendous buzz. A cab would cost you in the region of about €10 or so.

If the little one gets bored on the way or if you want to go a little earlier, there is a lovely playground on the Shelbourne Road.

munster
Level Contributor
523 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far

Thank you for that Bean A., very helpfull directions .

5. Re: How far

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 14, 2013