We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milk Market on Sundays?

Which Limerick hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
812 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Milk Market on Sundays?

We will be in Limerick in March. We planned on going to Sunday mass at St Mary's Cathedral then to the Milk Market. We were looking for more of a farmer's market experience but after reading up a bit more on the Sunday market, it sounds like more of a flea market. Any other suggetions?

Thanks!

J

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,588 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Milk Market on Sundays?

St. Mary's Cathedral is Anglican/Church of Ireland. St. John's Cathedral is Catholic.

The Milk Market is closed on Sundays. www.milkmarketlimerick.ie/default/index.cfm

When you arrive in Limerick depends on whats on . If you are in Limerick on the 13th March, then you will be bang in the middle of Springfest and there will be lots of things going on including the International Marching Band Competition/Parade.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,588 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Milk Market on Sundays?

I was editing my post but ran out of time.

What criteria are you looking for in a religious building on a Sunday? Is it denomination or interestingness?

St. Mary's Cathedral is fabulous. Well worth viewing.

But if you want an interesting Catholic Church then the Holy Rosary Church (official name "Our Lady of the Rosary") on the Ennis Road is my favourite. Its a wooden Church with fabulous stained glass and some interesting artwork

It (OLR) is a listed building and has been rated as one of the more significant contributions to Irish ecclesiastical architecture and art.

limerickdioceseheritage.org/oloftherosary/ch…

Edited: 8:24 am, January 16, 2011
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
812 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Milk Market on Sundays?

ha ha! Thank goodness you told me that St Mary's isn't a Catholic church. That would have gotten me into some hot water with the rest of the group.

Yes, we will be staying in the area from Saturday the 12th through Friday the 18th. Do you recommend St John's for services? We were hoping to combine some history with church.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
812 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Milk Market on Sundays?

Holy Rosary sounds like what we are looking for. We have a few that want to go to mass and some that aren't catholic but the history, architecture,etc will peak their interest. I thought if I combined the two, it would be less stressful for me (as the coordinator).

If we go to the festival/parade, any suggestions for lunch?

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,588 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Milk Market on Sundays?

There are lots of nice places in the city for lunch on Sunday. But just to warn you in advance that there are usually lots of events in the city after the band parade so you might want to consider a quick snack and an evening meal instead.

I LOVE the Cornstore http://www.cornstorelimerick.com/ But the Texas Steakout http://www.texassteakout.com/ and the Jasmine Palace and Chocolat (same owners) www.jasminepalace.ie are also fabulous.

You are often better off, value wise, getting an earlybird evening meal than lunch on a Sunday.

6. Re: Milk Market on Sundays?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, January 18, 2012