We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much time for Cliffs of Moher and Bunratty?

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
83 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
How much time for Cliffs of Moher and Bunratty?

Our plane lands at 6:15am and after picking up the car, we'd like to head to CoM and then to Bunratty Castle (in this order as CoM will be "open" and Bunratty will not be at that early hour).

The question is, with just that portion of the itinerary, how much time are we looking at expending, on average? CoM is definitely a target, as is Bunratty. I'm thinking lunch in Bunratty, but will it be late enough to have to stay in Limerick, or early enough to push on to the Killarney area?

Thanks!

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,298 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much time for Cliffs of Moher and Bunratty?

HI there,

It will take you about 1 1/2 hours to get from Shannon to The Cliffs. So, lets say you get there at about 8.45. The Interpretive Centre will be closed but you will be able to see The Cliffs. If the weather is nice, you may wish to stay and wander around. If the weather is bad - We hope it won't be.

So, it is possible to be back in Bunratty for about 12.00. Bunratty Castle and Folk Park itself will take about 2.5 hours depending on how fit you are and how interested you are in the various features.

You could get Lunch in the Shopping Mall across the road from the Castle or you could pop in to the Bunratty Castle Hotel. You should also be able to get food in Durty Nellies Pub next door.

Working on these times, it would certainly be possible for you to get to Killarney that evening. Limerick to Killarney will take about 2 hours (depends on how the traffic is in Castleisland. This town can gum up pretty badly) and add on another 10 minutes to come from Bunratty, So, you could be in Killarney by about 6.00pm

The Road from Limerick to Killarney is good in places and bad in places.

I hope this is the information you want.

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
83 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much time for Cliffs of Moher and Bunratty?

Yep, that's what I was looking for. Thanks, Bean.