We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saturday Mass Sevice in Tipperary or Cashel??

Weston, FL
Destination Expert
for Weston
Level Contributor
596 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Saturday Mass Sevice in Tipperary or Cashel??

I will be spending the day in these two towns on a Saturday and would like to attend mass service, but not sure where and if that's done on Saturday in Ireland as it is done in the United States. Sunday is not an option as we leave early in the morning for home. Many thanks.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
11,662 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saturday Mass Sevice in Tipperary or Cashel??

Mass is also held Sat night in Ireland, enquire about times locally.

If you are going to be in the area,Holycross abbey would be nice and it's not too far from Cashel.

www.holycrossabbey.ie/holycrosshome.htm

Edited: 1:23 pm, August 26, 2010
Weston, FL
Destination Expert
for Weston
Level Contributor
596 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saturday Mass Sevice in Tipperary or Cashel??

Oh that's perfect...thank you I really appreciate that. I'm looking at the link for an address to the Abbey to plug into our GPS once we get there and I don't see it. Can you tell me how to get there from either Tipperary or Cashel? thanks again.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
11,662 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saturday Mass Sevice in Tipperary or Cashel??

From Cashel:by the Rock you take the R66o signposted for Thurles, drive on, you'll go through Boherlahan, it's about ten miles in total from Cashel.There is a relic of the True Cross in the abbey.

Weston, FL
Destination Expert
for Weston
Level Contributor
596 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saturday Mass Sevice in Tipperary or Cashel??

Thank you Harvey. The Abbey looks beautiful, can't wait.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
11,662 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Saturday Mass Sevice in Tipperary or Cashel??

You're welcome.I often wonder how many thousands "do the Rock" and do not realise what a gem lies so near .

6. Re: Saturday Mass Sevice in Tipperary or Cashel??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:59 am, February 23, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Limerick