We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

designer discount shopping

ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
designer discount shopping

I am trying to locate a designer shopping outlet near Limerick - I think that it is called TKMAXX?? Can anyone help on this?

thanks.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,809 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: designer discount shopping

Hi There Anna

TKMaxx is not a designer outlet, it is merely a shop within a retail park. The Retail park is situated on the Dublin Road, just off the Parkway Roundabout (Dublin side)

Don't know where you are, or where you will be coming from.

From Dublin, travel to the outskirts of Limerick, pass the roundabout where Castletroy Shopping Centre is (Superquin), travel in towards town, passing signs for the University and another roundabout. After the second roundabout, you will pass a couple of car dealerships, and start going up a hill on a very wide piece of road. The retail centre is about 2/3 way up the top of this hill on the left (you cannot miss it)

Other stores in this Retail Park include Homebase, Reids, Elvery's.

Hope this helps. Take Care.

Ireland
Level Contributor
922 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: designer discount shopping

TKMaxx does sell lots of designer stuff at a good reduction.

UK
Level Contributor
655 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: designer discount shopping

It is an outlet perse, it is usually American stock which is why there are so many designer names instore but remember to doublecheck sizing on the paper label as some garment labels are in US sizes (darn I thought I had shrunk to a 10-12!!!), it is typical of outlets in that it is very hit and miss but they have some really nice bits in there, funnily I am just popping down to my local TKM in a minute!

Ireland
Level Contributor
922 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: designer discount shopping

You have to be prepared to do a lot of looking through the clothes rails, but you can be lucky.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,809 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: designer discount shopping

Unfortunately I have NEVER been lucky there. I tend pick up clothes much more easily at the Outlet Centre in Killarney.

ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: designer discount shopping

Sorry I haven't thanked you all for your info - I haven't checked in for a while.

Thanks again. It may be worth a visit down to Limerick, I will be coming from the Galway direction.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,809 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: designer discount shopping

Anna - I was just talking to somebody last night (affluent professional) who opened up and told me he gets all his shirts in TKMaxx. After I had picked up my jaw off the floor, he explained about the bargain shirts he gets -€60.00 reduced to €15.00.

I think my inability to find anything other than size 3 shoes in the shop may be down to a fundamental personality flaw, rather than the shop itself. It is unlikely that they take the good stuff off the racks when I go in :o)

Phoenix
Level Contributor
660 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: designer discount shopping

This brings up a funny story of mine.

When I was in Northern Ireland in November '04 I saw TK Maxx in Newry. I went in there out of curiosity because I wondered if it was exactly the same as our TJ Maxx here (it is by the way) I found a lot of cool stuff there which I got on great discount. Some of the stuff I couldnt find in the TJ Maxx here. It was this pattern of Portmerion which I had never seen at the TJ Maxx here. Anyway, I got that and then I found a lovely sconce which I just "had" to have. I could only find one but I really wanted 2 because I wanted one on each side of my arcadia door that leads to the backyard of my house.

So anyway, I was a but disapointed that I couldnt find this sconce. About a month after coming home I was shopping and decided to go into the local TJ Maxx here to take a look around, not really looking for anything, just looking. I couldnt belive me eyes, there was my matching sconce! (the only one there too!) So I have 2 matching sconces now. One from Northern Ireland and the other from Arizona (and by the way you cant tell the difference)

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,664 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: designer discount shopping

TK Maxx is good but you have to spend nearly two hours in there to go through the rails.

There is just soo much.

TK Max Limerick is on the Dublin road. From Galway follow signs for Dublin and after Dunnes Stores and the Parkway roundabout there is a retail park on the right.

There is an outlet centre halfway to Dublin also if you are going thay way.

Its called Rathdowney Outlet centre.