We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

loughrynn hotel - movill - co. leitrim

Armagh
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
loughrynn hotel - movill - co. leitrim

Lough Rynn Castle boasts of "a magnificent estate,a proposed Nick-Faldo designed golf-course,a state of the art conference facilityand uninterrupted views of gentle lawns and open woodland".Excited ? So was I when I read the above in the Belfast Irish News especially when the advert quoted an offer of £80 per room Sat and £70 per room Sunday.When I phoned the hotel the General Manager answered and stated that he knew nothing about this half-page advert and the rate was £110 Sat and £80 Sun !! I phoned again the following morning to negotiate and spoke firstly to the girl who had placed the ad and who,1 hour earlier, had advised the Irish News rep that she understood £80 and £70 to be the going rates for some time.She said she had since spoken to the General Manager and he would ring me shortly.Five days later - no response.Should the Gen Manager happen to read this I would challenge him to tell me why he could not stand over an advert placed by one of his staff - by law he must !!

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,809 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: loughrynn hotel - movill - co. leitrim

For Dan, and anybody else who has a similar problem or a consumer problem, then you can contact the Office of the Director of Consumer Affairs at www.odca.ie

This is an excellent site, the individuals concerned DO respond to e-mails. (I have first hand experience)

meath
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: loughrynn hotel - movill - co. leitrim

really i would have to disagree

3. Re: loughrynn hotel - movill - co. leitrim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, September 07, 2009