We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ring of Kerry or Dromland Castle?

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ring of Kerry or Dromland Castle?

With my lifelong dream of visiting Ireland I realize I am trying to see everything in a short time. I’m wondering if I should add a an additional night in Kilarny or Doolin in order to visit the ring of Kerry and skip the Dromland Castle . My Itinerary.

Kilkenny (1night)- Visit Waterford & Blarney on way to Killarney

Killarney (2nights)- Would like to see Killarney Park, Dunloe Gap & Ring of Kerry

Dingle (2nights)- Slea Head drive

Dromland Castle (1 night)

Doolin (1 night)- Cliffs of Mohr

Dublin (2nights)

I would love your thoughts on Staying in the Dromland Castle vs another day in Killarney or Doolin.

Thanks!

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
27,749 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ring of Kerry or Dromland Castle?

If you stay in Killarney for 4 nights you can easily fit things in.

Day 1: Ring of Kerry (Night 2)

Day 2: Killarney National Park, Gap of Dunloe (Night 3)

Day 3: Dingle Peninsula, Slea Head Drive (Night 4) Actually you could stay in Dingle this night.

Then move on.

Regarding Doolin, I personally think its overrated. But others are rather effulgent about it.

Edited: 8:53 am, August 23, 2013
Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
12,652 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ring of Kerry or Dromland Castle?

Why Dromoland?It's very expensive and isn't a castle, really, more of a manor house. If you feel you "MUST" say in a "castle" hotel, Ballyseede outside Tralee is as much as a castle as Dromoland, cheaper, but still very nice.

3. Re: Ring of Kerry or Dromland Castle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kilkenny