We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

possible bus transportation from dublin airport to kilkenny

Nantucket...
1 post
Save Topic
possible bus transportation from dublin airport to kilkenny

anyone that can help me that would be great, im flying to ireland to surprise my girlfriend who will be in thomastown in late march to purpose to her, im from the US so i dont know theback roads and would rather not drive, is there any bus routes to kilkenny or better yet thomastown?? thank you

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: possible bus transportation from dublin airport to kilkenny

Hi Sammy, Express bus No. 4 goes from Dublin Airport to Thomastown:

http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=246

Ireland
Level Contributor
224 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: possible bus transportation from dublin airport to kilkenny

Also www.jjkavanagh.ie go direct.

ps there is a motorway between waterford and dublin now but thomastown was on the old main route so the road is not bad. You could drive on the motorway as far as paulstown exit and its about 15 drive from there.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: possible bus transportation from dublin airport to kilkenny

There are several buses a day from the airport to Thomastown. . Some of the JJ Kavanaghs airport buses do not even pass through Dublin making them much quicker. The Kavanaghs bus is definitely the best way to travel to and from the airport from Thomastown. Their buses start early and run until late.

When you say you are going to 'purpose' your girlfriend, do you really mean propose to her, or is that a euphemism for something rude? If you are going to propose in Thomastown, then I would recommend the Lady Helen Restaurant Mount Juliet, pricey but worth it, or if you want somewhere scenic, one of the lovely gardens, woodlands, or river walks on the Mount Juliet estate itself.

4. Re: possible bus transportation from dublin airport to kilkenny

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, April 24, 2013