We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Knocktopher Abbey accomodations

Which Kilkenny hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lawrenceburg, TN
Level Contributor
50 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Knocktopher Abbey accomodations

I am posting here in hopes that someone has experience with this property.

We are planning to travel to Ireland in the Spring of 2012 and are looking at Knocktopher Abbey as a base from which to explore. Can anyone speak to the Studio/ Efficiency apartments at the Abbey? There are just the two of us, but we do need a minimal kitchen to use.

I have written to the Abbey management company, but cannot seem to get a response. Does anyone have an email addr for the onsite Manager at the Abbey?

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
Level Contributor
3,606 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Knocktopher Abbey accomodations

Sorry, I can only come up with a phone number, which you might already have. Dialling from the US, it is 00353567768618.

I can't give you any detailed information on the accommodation, although I have written many comments in the past in this forum on the local area which you have probably already found.

Lawrenceburg, TN
Level Contributor
50 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Knocktopher Abbey accomodations

Thanks for the reply and the feedback. I will continue to try and get a response from the Resort Management folks before calling.

Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
70 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Knocktopher Abbey accomodations

Knoctopher is a very small place and wouldn't have much evening entertainment. Pesonally I would advise staying in Kilkenny city instead. Hotel Kilkenny is on the outskirts of the city so would be an ideal base. Otherwise in the centre I would recommend the pembroke or the rivercourt. Kilkenny is a very easy city to drive around and all these hotels have on site parking.

geelong
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Knocktopher Abbey accomodations

Stayed at Knocktopher in 2008 and loved it. A bit quirky, full of history. The kitchen is more what I would call a kitchenette but I managed to whip up three course dinners. The management is friendly, but it's not your usual style of resort. Then, who wants the usual? Great base for exploring. Make sure you have dinner there in the 13th century corbelled room.

5. Re: Knocktopher Abbey accomodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, October 06, 2012