We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carriglea BnB Contact

USA
3 posts
Save Topic
Carriglea BnB Contact

Is anyone aware of an issue with contacting the Carriglea Bed and Breakfast ? I have tried emailing and phone messaging with no replies. I started almost a month ago, and am wondering if they are still open for business. I have used the contact info on their website.

Looks like a lovely place to stay as a central hub for a week in the area, and don't want to give up before booking another site.

Thanks with any assistance....John

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carriglea BnB Contact

Their website says that they open for business on March 1. They may not be answering messages until then.

Some B&B owners don't live in the property in the off-season.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,415 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carriglea BnB Contact

R seeker. This kind of query comes up quite often - i.e. visitors are not getting responses from accommodation proprieters.

My answer has previously been if you have to wait for more than a week for a reply then forget about them and move onto another accommodation who will respond.

There is absolutely no reason in this day and age with the technologies available to us that an accommodation must leave accommodation querys unanswered for even more than a da, never mind a few weeks.. They are either in business or they are not. If they are in, then they check their email on a daily basis and answer queries promptly.

If an accommodation owner for any reason cannot answer email messages due to being absent from home, then they should have the good manners to put an 'out of office' response on their email, It's not rocket science.

Some acommodation owners give the excuse that their email "isn't working". This is unacceptable. If it's not working - get it fixed OR use another computer to access mail.

There are plenty of great b&B's in Kilkenny - give Carriglea a miss and find one that provides a better response than Carriglea does.

Sorry this is a bug bear of mine - Rant over ;-))

Edited: 4:42 am, January 16, 2011
Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carriglea BnB Contact

I have just phoned them now at noon on Sunday morning and the phone was answered first time. They are taking bookings from the end of March.

You are correct in thinking that it is very central and an ideal B&B to use when visiting Kilkenny.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,415 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carriglea BnB Contact

I suppose my response to that would be "about time too". Nice of them to start taking bookings in March, juat a pity that they will miss out on all potential bookings in the months preceeding March.

So the website says they open for business 1st March and Irishrovers phone call today confirms that they take bookings from the end of March. Seems to me like they haven't a clue what they are doing, I wonder what kind of a B&B experience they offer? Hopefully not as harebrained as their booking rules.

Sheesh !

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carriglea BnB Contact

Bryno - What I meant to say is that they are taking bookings now, but for stays from the end of march onwards. Anyone who wants to make a booking with Carriglea B&B for a stay from the end of March onwards can phone now and make a booking.

USA
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Carriglea BnB Contact

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the responses. (Hope I didn't raise some of your blood pressures too high.)

Nice to know, that at least they still sound like they are open....John

7. Re: Carriglea BnB Contact

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 18, 2012