We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dingle to Dublin in 2 days

Which Kilkenny hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
2 posts
Save Topic
Dingle to Dublin in 2 days

We will be leaving the Dingle Peninsula after spending 3 nights, and plan to take 2 days to travel to Dublin. We wanted to explore Kinsale but it is the weekend of the world yacht race. So we thought we would head north towards Kilkenny. Should we stay in Kilkenny for 1 or 2 nights? We also want to see Powercourt Gardens and the Wicklow mountains. Our 12 and 14 year old girls are traveling with us!

We appreciate your input!

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
175 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dingle to Dublin in 2 days

Why are you going to Dublin? To see the city or to go directly to the airport? A night in Kilkenny would be wonderful as it gives you a chance to see the the town and to visit the Rock of Cashel. I'm not well-versed in the towns around Wicklow and Glendalough, but I've been thru the area and lu-huh-HUHed it. It's sooooo beautiful. There are some lovely little towns around Glendalough and Powerscourt that you could spend the night at before taking the rather short trip to Dubliin. In other words, i'm thinking one night in Kilkenny and one night in the Wicklows would be just right.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
17,729 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dingle to Dublin in 2 days

I really like Kilkenny but 1 night there is enough for your requirements. As clarebear has said call at Cashel and possibly Cahir on the way over.

Seattle
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dingle to Dublin in 2 days

We are flying out of Dublin, plus wanted to check out the city,

Thanks for your input on Kilkenny, I think I will change up my reservation.

4. Re: Dingle to Dublin in 2 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:33 am, December 05, 2010