We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Hotel or B&B in Kilkenny

Florida
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Good Hotel or B&B in Kilkenny

My husband and I will be staying in Kilkenny for two nights in May.

Can anyone suggest a great hotel/B&B that is under 150 Euros/night (in May) and is either in town or close to town?

We will be golfing one day at Mount Juliet so if a place is close to there instead that is great too :) Mount Juliet itself just seemed very expensive so we probably wont be staying there.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Carlow, Ireland
Level Contributor
130 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Hotel or B&B in Kilkenny

Mount Juliet is in Thomastown, Co. Kilkenny about a 20 minute drive from Kilkenny. There are a couple of towns close to both areas, Graiguenamanagh being one of them, its a very picturesque town with the river Barrow flowing through it. It dosent have a hotel but has several B/B in the area. Inistioge is also a lovely village and same distance to Kilkenny and Thomastown as Graiguenamanagh. It also has no hotel but several good B/B in the area. Try google B/B and see what you come up with. If I can be of any further help please send me a question.

Cheers

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Hotel or B&B in Kilkenny

I recommend the Ormonde Hotel which is very central. Also the River Court or the Hibernian. If you are staying two nights I would recommend staying in Kilkenny and driving to Mount Juliet and back. As the previous poster said it is only about 20 minutes drive.

As well as golf, find some time to also walk around the rest of the grounds, especially the stud farm on the other side of the river which is a contrast to the Golf Course.

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
39 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Hotel or B&B in Kilkenny

We stayed at the Pembroke Hotel and LOVED it. Not sure if its close to the golf course but we paid $120USD a night.

Earth
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Hotel or B&B in Kilkenny

Rosquil is real nice.

ny
Level Contributor
637 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Hotel or B&B in Kilkenny

I stayed at Rosquil in April 2009. Wonderful - 100 euros per night.

Anchorage, AK
Level Contributor
88 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Hotel or B&B in Kilkenny

We really enjoyed the Hillgrove B&B just south of city central (maybe 1.5 miles). My wife ordered the cheese plate for breakfast and was presented with an absolutely ridiculous amount/selection of really, really good cheeses. Their house dog Stewie is a mild mannered, well-behaved sweetie who will be happy to greet you, and the owner will put Irish Mist (whiskey) on your hot cereal if you ask :)

Plus, their garden is magnificent. I don't remember what it cost (we were there last July), but it was very reasonable. I have a review with photos on TA if you hunt around....enjoy!

7. Re: Good Hotel or B&B in Kilkenny

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, September 11, 2010