We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Butler Court or Lacken House?

Maryland
Level Contributor
351 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Butler Court or Lacken House?

I am trying to decide between Butler Court and Lacken House. Both seem to get great reviews. Could anyone give me some advise to help me choose? Thanks for any help.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Butler Court or Lacken House?

I just booked Butler Court based upon the reviews and location. We're looking for a place closer into town so that we can walk to the pubs and restaurants and thought Butler Court would allow us to do so.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Butler Court or Lacken House?

These are entirely different types of places. Lacken House is in the country house style, has grounds and is more of a small hotel with a very good restaurant, guest lounge, etc. It is slightly out of town, in a nice neighbourhood, but within reasonable walking distance of the centre.

Butler Court is a family bed and breakfast in the centre of Kilkenny, but it is gated at night so is shielded from any rough element. As far as I know, it does not even serve a cooked breakfast, but makes a continental breakfast available in the room.

It is really a matter of choice - which type of place suits you best.

Maryland
Level Contributor
351 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Butler Court or Lacken House?

Thanks for the advice. We have decided on Lacken House. Both seemed nice and had great reviews but the hot breakfast sold my husband on Lacken House.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Butler Court or Lacken House?

Personally, I think you made the best choice.

5. Re: Butler Court or Lacken House?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, August 30, 2009