We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Large bar/club to host group of 250 - Tralee

Which Tralee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
76 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Large bar/club to host group of 250 - Tralee

Hi,

I am bringing a large group of around250 to Tralee in September and am looking for a suitable bar/club to meet in the evening.

We are a well behaved group travelling on a car rally.

Any pointers gratefully received.

Thanks

Sue x

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Large bar/club to host group of 250 - Tralee

I can't give you any specific suggestions but you might try one of the larger hotels as I think you will need a function room to accommodate so many people.

Merced, California
Destination Expert
for Killarney
Level Contributor
3,451 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Large bar/club to host group of 250 - Tralee

As mentioned, the large hotels will probably be able to cater for such a large group but perhaps you were not waiting to pay for the use of their function room but rather all show up to the same bar/club so as to limit expense?

If so you may not all fit into the one bar/club. If a niteclub is open on a night it will be expecting its usual cliental and may not be able to accom an extra 250?

This link will give you an idea of what Tralee has to offer in terms of nitelife but I would suggest contacting any one of them directly to see how they can meet your needs or for their suggestions.

Merced, California
Destination Expert
for Killarney
Level Contributor
3,451 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Large bar/club to host group of 250 - Tralee

And the link is . . .

http://www.discoverkerry.com/nitelife.htm

UK
Level Contributor
76 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Large bar/club to host group of 250 - Tralee

Thanks all for your comments, you're right I ideally don't want a formal hotel setting for a number of reasons. We just suggest a meeting place for the evening and cannot guarantee people stay in the same place. I'll take a look at the link you suggest.

Kind regards

Sue

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Large bar/club to host group of 250 - Tralee

Provided its not a weekend night most places will let you have use of the function room free on the basis that you will be buying drink. Some of the larger pubs have them too. They would be delighted to see you!

ireland
Level Contributor
217 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Large bar/club to host group of 250 - Tralee

Susie tee75 you could try the abbeygate hotel, they have a large public bar there that is in centre of town & would hold 250 people. Another option would be the Blasket as they have a large bar area upstairs to cope with the overflow when it gets busy. Brogue is a bar also large enough to handle 250, very popular with visitors.

UK
Level Contributor
76 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Large bar/club to host group of 250 - Tralee

Many thanks all, will let you know how I get on when I contact the suggestions you have made.

Regards

Susie

Tralee, Ireland
Level Contributor
651 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Large bar/club to host group of 250 - Tralee

the brogue would be ideal as there is plenty room and there is music,also the grey hound bar in pembroke st is very good too i wouldnt recommend the abbeygate however, im a local and no locals go there so that speaks for itself...the mall tavern is another big bar thats buzzing at wk ends.

9. Re: Large bar/club to host group of 250 - Tralee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, September 21, 2009