We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel or B&B in Killarney

Which Killarney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Annapolis
Level Contributor
43 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel or B&B in Killarney

We're looking for not to expensive place to stay two nights in Killarney. Would like to be within walking distance of pubs/music/restaurants, unless of course the place we stay has all three. Am I asking too much for inexpensive. There will be three couples.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel or B&B in Killarney

About 5 years ago my husband & I and another couple stayed at Husseys' Townhouse in Killarney. It is right on High Street (the main street), was not too expensive, and was rather nice. Check out www.husseystownhouse.com. Although I noticed that they don't have prices posted. Have fun!

Texas
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel or B&B in Killarney

Hello dfarrell, I've just returned from Ireland, and stayed in Killarney at the Ross Castle Lodge, where Denis & Roselean O'Leary offer outstanding service, it is on the edge of Killarney Nat'l Park, near Ross Castle, and it is about a 20 min. walk into the town thru some beautiful woodlands, but a short drive will bring you to a parking lot that is easy to get to (just ask Roselean) and gives you perfect access to shopping, all the pubs and restaurants, etc. She is most helpful/knowledgeable in helping to plan activities. Seriously, I thought I was in heaven staying there. We stayed in a family suite {girlfriend and I} each having a room of our own, double bed with our own TVs, sinks, etc. and sharing a nice sized bathroom (for B&Bs in Irelands, it was great!) I think they have a total of 5 rooms altogether. Check the reviews on here. I can get back to you with their website/phone number if you would like. Breakfasts are great, some of the best we had. Nothing is too much trouble for Roselean to do for you, the area is sorta residential, but their home is surrounded by lovely gardens/woodland. She will even make arrangements for all your activities. Trust her advice too....it worked for us. You will not be far from Muckross House/Gardens, which I highly recommend! We paid about 35 Euro per person per night for our room. You won't find any thing that is of the same caliber for that price. Hope this helps you out! Bengi (TexArtist) P.S. I can recommend The Laurels for their irish stew, and the Danny Mann for the most wonderful bread & butter pudding!!!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,695 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel or B&B in Killarney

"Am I asking too much for inexpensive. "

That would depend on what you consider "inexpensive", it can mean different things to different people. Prices can also vary at different times of the year, and you might be able to bargain a bit if you're traveling in the off season. Especially if you're booking three rooms.

4. Re: Hotel or B&B in Killarney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, August 15, 2009