We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Killarney near Train Station

Which Killarney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Hotel in Killarney near Train Station

Hi,

Does anyone know of a hotel in Killarney that is as near to the train station as possible, apart from the Great Southern? It needs to be fairly reasonable in price as well. I haven't a clue which ones are near the station and which aren't so any help at all and I'd be really grateful!

Thanks!

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,593 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Killarney near Train Station

The Royal would be the next nearest. It is pricey though http://www.killarneyroyal.ie/ Anything else is either VERY pricey or in the town.

Alternatively you might consider a B&B (I know there are some quite close by but I can't remember the names).

Ah here it is - Sunnybanks. Just opposite the bus station. It gets great reviews on TA.

bedandbreakfastireland.net/Kerry_Sunnybank.h…

Hope this helps.

Ireland
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Killarney near Train Station

Thats great beanalainn, thanks so much for your help!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
612 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Killarney near Train Station

Hi, Willow.

I don't know what price range you are looking for, but the Fairview Guesthouse is near the station and often times has online specials.

Ireland
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Killarney near Train Station

Thanks Westwind, I'll check that out too.

Cheers.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
281 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in Killarney near Train Station

We were planning on booking with Earls Court Hotel in Killarney. It looks as though it is close to the train station but maps can be deceiving. Does anyone know if it is in walking distance to the train station? We were planning to take the train for a day exursion to Cork/Cobh.

The price was around 340 Euro for three days b&b in a double for mid-May.

Hope it helps!

Eire
Level Contributor
654 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in Killarney near Train Station

The whole of Killarney is within walking distance of the train/bus station... Unless of course you are packing half your house...

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,593 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel in Killarney near Train Station

I will be in Killarney at the end of next month - I can check the exact distance if you wish. If you wouldn't mind reminding me roughly the 3rd week in October, please.

I would say its about 15 minutes walk to the station from Earls Court.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
281 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel in Killarney near Train Station

Thanks beanalainn.

I'm just getting to plan/confirm accommodation for the second stage of our three week trip to Ireland and am most looking forward to seeing the sights in Killarney. The train trip is for a day trip to Cork/Cobh, using the train to have a break from driving (my husband) and navigating (me)!

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,593 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel in Killarney near Train Station

Killarney is magnificent - May is a wonderful time to visit. The Rhododendrons and Azaleas in Muckross Gardens are spectacular at that time.

10. Re: Hotel in Killarney near Train Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:35 am, August 20, 2009