We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traffic Delays

Which Killarney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Beaufort, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
3,976 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Traffic Delays

Just after returning from a few days in Kerry/Killarney. In case anyone is travelling towards the Gap of Dunloe, there are roadworks in place between Fossa and Killarney itself. These have been in operation since August of last year ( at least when I was down last, there were severe delays then, whether or not it is the same roadworks, I don't know). I experienced 25/30 minutes delays last week. You would be better going out the Tralee road, taking the first left, then left again. This brings you across by the Aghadoe Heights hotel. When you get to the end of the road, turn left again. This brings you directly into Fossa village.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,973 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traffic Delays

I don't remember anything when we were down in October-November. Just the closing of Port Road for the opening of a monument.

But thanks for the heads up.

It should be manic this weekend coming anyhow with the Rally of the Lakes.

2. Re: Traffic Delays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 30, 2015